Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That ref vs Wolves

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Probably just me but I thought the ref was ok generally, it's not a game where I come away feeling as though the ref has ruined the game... Thought he tried to let the game flow more than most

He did with the foul and free kick that then led to our goal: think Stephens took it quickly some way from where the foul occurred but the ref was up with play and allowed the momentum of the attack to carry on. Dunk was lucky and I was pleasantly suprised to see him and Greer finish the game to be frank.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Absolutely shocking 'performance' - so frustrating. I can't be bothered to highlight all the incidents but he was happy to bring it back and book Dunk but several times played advantage on poor Wolves challenges then didn't have so much as a word with them when the ball went out. Shocking.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Much the same as I thought. I don't think Dunk should have been booked. It was a foul but not a booking.

Er Dunk tried to grab the ball but like our keeper he spilled it, definite yellow and if he had actually stopped it, red

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Zzzzz another match another whinge about the ref. so dull. Newsflash - refs aren't perfect. Get over it

Yeah, ref's aren't perfect yet, oddly, they have nothing, no-one to answer to when they have a shocker. They just get paid and officiate next week. It's bullshit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Terrible, terrible ref. He didn't affect the outcome but he might as well not have been on the pitch for all the use he was.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How did their guy not get at least a yellow for the knee high challenge on Stephens?

That was a DREADFUL challenge and fully deserving of a booking. The Lino must have seen it and said nothing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If we dont win at home its always the ref, take the tinted glasses off. Decisions went both ways like all games.

Nothing to do with us dropping points......he was just dreadful generally....for both sides.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Zzzzz another match another whinge about the ref. so dull. Newsflash - refs aren't perfect. Get over it

I don't think I've EVER started a ref whinge thread on here before, in SEVEN years. Of course refs aren't perfect. I will praise refs if they are good. This one was particularly bad.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we dont win at home its always the ref, take the tinted glasses off. Decisions went both ways like all games.

Read my post again, perhaps? I specifically said he was terrible for BOTH teams. Nothing to do with the result whatsoever, would've started this thread win, lose or draw.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've seen worse.

Could have booked more players. Got it spot on with Dunk's handball.

Let the play flow as much as possible and, leniency on the yellows aside, was adequate. Nothing like as bad as worth having a rant about.

Greer carried Dunk, incidentally.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Also, didn't think the ref was that awful. I've seen MUCH worse. Just be grateful he didn't effect the result.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I've seen worse.

Could have booked more players. Got it spot on with Dunk's handball.

Let the play flow as much as possible and, leniency on the yellows aside, was adequate. Nothing like as bad as worth having a rant about.

Greer carried Dunk, incidentally.

Greer definitely should've been sent off. Comfortably 3 yellows and the initial headlock wrestle down of their striker was probably worth a red alone.

Constantly constantly constantly missed things for both sides. Their number 5 handballed it about 5-6 times. He was very poor. Nowt to do with leniency, the game simply passed him by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here