Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That 'penalty' ....

larus

Well, just seen in on the Championship, and even after watching it twice I couldn't see what had happened to warrant a penalty, even trying to give the benefit of doubt to the ref.

Did I miss something, or was the guy just a complete pratt?

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Couldnt see why it was given yesterday and the fact none of their players appealed for one seems the ref was the only one to see anything.When he blew his whistle they even seemed to move away expecting us to have a free kick.
Watching it today still cant see why it was given, perhaps he knows that German ref who admitted match fixing.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
what a hideous decision. only person who saw it in the whole of the ground was that god-awful ref. and it's not like that was the only bad one as well. where is the fa picking these morons up? people's lives are ruined because of them.

as soon as he pointed to the spot i looked something like this :eek: and i'm sure i wasn't the only one!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Benny Seagull said:
as soon as he pointed to the spot i looked something like this :eek: and i'm sure i wasn't the only one!

I was more of a :ohmy: :censored: :(

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
in days gone by a lot of refs were coppers, so that should tell you a lot ,not content to be f***ing people up all week they then want to go out and f*** up a few more at the weekends, what kind of !!!! wants to be a f***ing ref anyway...
a !!!! thats what kind ,and looking at the offals for tuesday night were in for more bollox, two west yorkshiremen and a fooking manc F.FFF...S :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing was he wasn't really pointing to the spot either, that probably added to the belief of the players that he had blown for a foul against Coventry, also why they had all started to head of back up the pitch.

I saw the referee indicate that he had given it for hand ball, either that or he was pointing at the nice new rolex given to him by the Coventry team before the game and indicating how long it would be till his presentation of a sky blue shirt signed by the players...

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I think he must have been watching another game, after seeing it on the championship he made a rather big f*** UP.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I can only hope he's very, very embarrassed after seeing that - not that it will help us much. What a joke - there was absolutely nothing worthy of a penalty going on there, Butters didn't even appear to be touching the guy.

Kev

Aug 4, 2003
It won't do any good, but I always think every time you get a decision as scandlaous as that fans should bombard the FA/Football League with complaints. It won't make any difference to the result of course, but you'd hope it might think that someone would mark his bloody card. How much longer do football fans have to put up with such blatant incompetence? As McGhee said, to give a decision like that in such a crucial game was unbelievable.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
It seems like we're moaning about referees every week at the moment, which sounds like sour grapes - but they really have been that bad! I don't think I've ever experienced such a bad run of not just dubious, but atrocious decisions going against us ... this season seems to be disproving the old "levelling out" theory.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Mind you, when the ref and both his assistants were having their little get together following the foul and possible stamping on Leon I was sure that they were going to send McCammon off.

Yoda

English & European
The pen wasn't the only strange one.

Dolan being given a free kick against him in the first half for having the ball booted into his face was another I didn't quite understand ???

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
the ref and his m8s were shit for that game. no penalty whatsoever. me and my lad had a brilliant view from block a and we couldnt see f*** all wrong. handball.................bollox :nono:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I fear its all my fault ......
After 20 mins I turned to my mate and said: "Looks like we've got a half-decent ref for a change ...."
I was in A block too and had a perfect view across the bye-line. Yes McCammon was offside for the goal [but not convinced whether he was interfering with play on not] benefit of doubt to Ref.
But what happened at half time [thinks of Frisk & Rijkaard alegation] - Lino gave a corner for a ball that never went out (the ref was closer) and the most bizzare pen decision ever .....
Will try and keep my mouth shut on Tuesday, esp as its dear old Mr Prosser .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here