Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That nice Mr Evans

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Steve Evans seems to have upset the FA again. Not just a touchline ban but a WHOLE stadium ban

"Following an Independent Regulatory Commission held on Wednesday 5 September 2012, Rotherham United manager Steve Evans has been given a six-match stadium ban and fined £3000.

Mr Evans was charged with using abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards a participant in or around the dressing room area at the end of the Bradford City versus Crawley Town Football League Two fixture on 27 March 2012. It was further alleged that the breach included a reference to gender, a breach of FA Rule E3(2). Mr Evans denied the charge and requested a personal hearing.

The Commission found that Mr Evans had used abusive and insulting words and behaviour towards a participant in or around the dressing room area at the end of the fixture which did include a reference to gender. The Commission did not find that Mr Evans had used indecent words or behaviour.

Mr Evans has informed The Football Association that he does not wish to appeal the decision and therefore the sanction is now imposed with immediate effect.

The stadium ban will prevent Mr Evans from attending the ground at which Rotherham United's first team are playing at any time during a match day"

Such a nice character.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He always comes across as a friendly and approachable sort of chap.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Good to see some prompt action from the FA

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's hope they have a suitably wide-screen laptop.

The Argus reported months ago that the allegation was that Evans exposed himself to a female Bradford staff member. What an utterly classy man he is.

Ex-Crawley boss accused of flashing From The Argus)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Is being banned from the stadium a new sanction? Plenty of Managers have been banned from the touchline, but I don't recall any being banned from the ground?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. :lolol:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
He comes across as such an odious man and only glad he has fckued off back up north. Hopefully it wont be long till Rotherham see sense and ditch him. Any more results like Saturdays' and they may speed up the process.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Had he remained at Crawley instead of running off to Rotherham I suspect they might well have sacked him over this and that was perhaps the motivation behind the unseemly haste with which he departed. Quite what is Rotherham's motivation is not hard to imagine - the man has a good track record in terms of on field success but unfortunately there is a price to pay because he is unquestionably the most obnoxious scumbag in football

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is being banned from the stadium a new sanction? Plenty of Managers have been banned from the touchline, but I don't recall any being banned from the ground?

Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. :lolol:

I think it's probably because of his utterly appalling track record. He must have been banned from the touchline loads of times.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If its do with Edna link why did the Old bill not go for him 2

Presumably either the recipient of his gesture didn't wish to make a complaint to police and preferred to let the FA and clubs deal with it, or there wasn't enough evidence to mount a legal prosecution (lesser burden of proof on a simple FA charge).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I must say I was delighted when Crawley went up and Rotherham didn't last season as he made a big deal about moving to the bigger club. He is vile and Crawley are btter off without him, You have to be some low piece of scum when you can be considered the worst person in football as in the last few years there are a few muppets putting themselves forward for a complete lack of decency towards other humans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here