Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That newly surfaced footpath through the woods from the Hikers Rest ...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Very nice job they've done with it, but the amount of garbage strewn along there is shocking. How come the council don't clear it up? Looks like months worth. Is it Albion fans or Uni students who are the pigs who chuck their trash around?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It's a sad sign of the times if you blame the council for not clearing this up. What's wrong with people hanging on to their own litter until they can put it in a bin?

People these days seem to think they can just drop rubbish as they go, then moan about the fact that council budgets are stretched because money has to be 'wasted' on clearing up.

Sorry for the rant but litternowadays is a disgrace. I travel on buses alot and people leave their rubbish on seats or the floor then walk right past the bin on the bus. What's that all about?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's a sad sign of the times if you blame the council for not clearing this up. What's wrong with people hanging on to their own litter until they can put it in a bin?

People these days seem to think they can just drop rubbish as they go, then moan about the fact that council budgets are stretched because money has to be 'wasted' on clearing up.

Sorry for the rant but litternowadays is a disgrace. I travel on buses alot and people leave their rubbish on seats or the floor then walk right past the bin on the bus. What's that all about?

Unfortunately litter isent the only thing some peeps can't hang on to along tht path! Plenty of toilets in ground!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I do that walk and the path is excellant, I noticed the rubbish Tuesday night, the simple answer (apart from holding onto the rubbish) is to install about 5 bins along there. I had chips Tueasday from the chippie next to the Hikers and had finished half way through the woods, the nearest bin was at the Amex!!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Th majority of it is obviously from Albion fans,
Why the hell would that be the case, I walked along there en-route to the Swan at about 17:30 the other night, well before Albion fans in any numbers went along there, it was awash with rubbish then. I would suggest it is locals or Uni students on the whole, most of it looked like it was fairly recent, and we have had more than 10 days since the Midds game.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am not only blaming the council for the litter.

People who throw their litter around are pigs with no respect whatsoever for the environment. At the same time, like it or not, some people do drop litter so the council has a duty to clear it up periodically. That's what we pay taxes for. Bins along the path would be a good idea, but would they get emptied? Bins at either end would probably be a better idea.

I have walked along that path maybe 20 times (each way) this season and the garbage irritates the hell out of me each time.

Anyway, I'm going to do something about it. I have to go to the stadium tomorrow morning to pick up my West Ham tickets so while I'm there I'm going to take some bin bags and a pair of gloves and clean it all up. I'm going to stop moaning and bloody well do something about it!

It will be interesting to see how long it will take for it to be back to its current disgusting state.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Was thinking the same thing on Tuesday. Admittedly a few bins dotted along the path would help..............although installing urinals is asking a bit much!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Anyway, I'm going to do something about it. I have to go to the stadium tomorrow morning to pick up my West Ham tickets so while I'm there I'm going to take some bin bags and a pair of gloves and clean it all up. I'm going to stop moaning and bloody well do something about it!

Please, no one tell Health and Safety or I'll have to wear a hard hat and a hi-viz jacket!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003

Well done and Thankyou.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why the hell would that be the case, I walked along there en-route to the Swan at about 17:30 the other night, well before Albion fans in any numbers went along there, it was awash with rubbish then. I would suggest it is locals or Uni students on the whole, most of it looked like it was fairly recent, and we have had more than 10 days since the Midds game.

I tell you why, it's because before the stadium was built the level of litter was far less. A lot of it is from the burger van at the Hikers and beer cans.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I tell you why, it's because before the stadium was built the level of litter was far less. A lot of it is from the burger van at the Hikers and beer cans.

So I repeat for the less absorbant brains out there, how many Albion fans had walked and littered along that path between the Midds game and 17:30 on Tuesday?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I've walked from on and off from Coldean lane to Falmer many many times in the last three years, It's pretty much always been a shit tip, It has increased abit but it was always there.

Both Uni's have halls at Falmer and Brighton have some on Coldean Lane too which has students walking to Falmer daily, The Uni's have 38,000 odd Student (Not all at Falmer but a large chunk) and emply 7500 odd staff between them (Again not all at Falmer but a large chunk) then add in a 22,500 stadium and your going to have litter.

I do believe in social responsibility and that you should carry it until you find a bin but it wouldn't hurt the council to put in some bins.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've walked from on and off from Coldean lane to Falmer many many times in the last three years, It's pretty much always been a shit tip, It has increased abit but it was always there.

Both Uni's have halls at Falmer and Brighton have some on Coldean Lane too which has students walking to Falmer daily, The Uni's have 38,000 odd Student (Not all at Falmer but a large chunk) and emply 7500 odd staff between them (Again not all at Falmer but a large chunk) then add in a 22,500 stadium and your going to have litter.

I do believe in social responsibility and that you should carry it until you find a bin but it wouldn't hurt the council to put in some bins.

One imagines a fair bit gets blown there on a nice south westerly

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the subject of litter, I bet the pathways of the Withdean area are a lot dirtier these days without the Albion to collect all their rubbish for them.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The pathway through the woods, is a brilliant idea. Don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't trust walking through there on a non-matchday or after a night-out!!

There has always been a pathway there, hasn't there? I'm not sure a short walk through the woods should conjeur up ideas of danger, certainly such a well used path. Probably a lot safer to walk along there after a night out than stumble next to a busy road.

I f***ing hate litter bugs. Selfish and lazy *****.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I picked up three bin bags of garbage from the left side of the path (left hand side walking from the Hikers Rest) this morning. No time to attack the other side. There are bins both sides of the road by the Hikers Rest so really no fecking excuse for chucking your trash around. Pigs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here