Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That new song being started by the North Stand on Saturday...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The song is ok and does create noise which is better than dead moments. Not really a team inspiring song though.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
...Palace sing it.

Please stop it.

Mate, I don't think the people who came up with it knew it was a Palace song, because they don't care about Palace. It's a catchy song from around the world that has been adapted with BRIGHTON words (which, incidentally, are much better than Palace's words). It seemed to go down very well on Saturday and got lots of people singing. I'm sure other songs will surface in time that will be better. But why don't you come up with one yourself, then start singing it for 20 minutes until thousands of people join in, before criticising.

And there are about three threads on this already :facepalm:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
un-f***ing-believable for years we have put up with jibes about having the worst atmosphere in England and find it incredible that some of our own fans are moaning bout a song cos it sounds like one sung by the pikeys up the road. I am a north stander from goldstone days and will be in north for gills game and can't wait to join in and have a proper atmosphere at the albion again. I guess Murray is gonna get off lightly then as we don't want to be seen copying all those other clubs that slag returning players do we !!!

Pretty much sums up my feelings chap. I haven't heard the chant yet but i am looking forward to hearing it and possibly joining in. Well done to the guys for giving it a go and creating an atmosphere. By the sounds of it i'm just glad i choose a north stand season ticket away from the moaners of other stands. It beats having songs sung about stewards for most of the match.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
^^ This.

Brighton is full of creativity, is there any way some of the creative minds in the NSK can try and come up with something they have created that is unique.

The Palace fanatics are very very poor and cheesy faux St Pauli wannabes using many of their songs, there is no originality...... hardly suprising for the thick croydoners to have no orginality.

whilst commendable the NSK did something, is following the same faux St Pauli path the best our massively superior and creative fans can do?

It shouldn't just be NSK coming up with new songs, though – pretty much everything they do will be derided by the Walt Jabascos of this world. So everyone should have a go, start something, and see what comes of it :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Celtic sung it yesterday, quite a good song as well

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The 'SEA, SEA, SEA' bit will sound bloody amazing when sang by the whole North Stand.

Just my opinion like.

Footnote. I am sitting in the seat directly in front of Ant who started the song. Well done mate.

Benjyman1990

Registered Boon.
Jul 31, 2011
North Stand & Worthing
Lol, it was an electric atmosphere and who gives a sh** who else sings it?

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
does anyone have any video footage of song from north on sat

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
... and am I right in saying it came from St. Pauli (though it's not just them who sing it on the continent anyway) via FC United rather than Palace? Who cares?

As long as it's not the only song we sing, and as long as people on here STOP getting at the only unique song we do have (GOSBTS).

The bit with "the sea the sea etc." works really well, better than the other versions anyway.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
does anyone have any video footage of song from north on sat

Yes- a lad has just uploaded to Youtube-search....Brighton & Hove Albion North Stand Song.......

For more lyrics

We are The Brighton,Brighton,Brighton.
We hate Crystal Palace,Alice,Alice.
We also hate the Pompey,Pompey,Pompey.
cause that's the way we like it,like it,like it.

la la la la la la

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
We are The Brighton,Brighton,Brighton.
We hate Crystal Palace,Alice,Alice.
We also hate the Pompey,Pompey,Pompey.
cause that's the way we like it,like it,like it.

Then...

That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We are very fortunate to have a triple barrelled name.and Good nick names

If we can't make use of BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION F C / SEAGULLS / ALBION

Then it's a poor show-

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Like somebody else said...lets just sing gosbts then??? Probably all the songs Brighton fans sing are copies of others... If it creates atmosphere, sing it...dont care where it comes from tbh, Its not a palace song anyway.

Seagulls is a copy of a Palace chant though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here