Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Kate Bush Documentary Last Night

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
She is a unique talent. Up there with anyone.

Just shows how the music business has changed. Record companies were willing to take a chance on her, allow her to develop and then release such a way out record as Wuthering Heights. Would that happen now in Simon Cowells industry?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wuthering Heights came on the radio this morning. I turned it up.

:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Music in the late 70s was travelling in the opposite direction to Kate Bush. That is why her achievements are so outstanding. Most of those songs were penned by herself as a young teenager and, despite their abstract nature, they displayed an ability to address socially difficult subjects in a non-confrontational way.

I Love her music and her refusal to conform to the industry norms-which may explain why she took a long break.

She's one of a kind, no one comes close-well, Tori Amos, maybe.

You can tell I'm a fan.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
the old one's are always the best mate :wink: did you go today? Spoke to a mate on the train a half an hour ago said it was ok but nothing to get excited about
regards
DR

Yes I went and I enjoyed the game, I was on holiday for the Sheffield Weds game so it was nice to see some football.
A few beers also helped me enjoy the day :drink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just watched the doc. Fascinating stuff and she comes across as very modest considering the huge talent she has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here