Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

He probably did it because he knows how easy it is to wind up some Brighton fans. 1-0 to the bloke though, because if anyone did use the c word at a friendly where there would have been young children around then they've only embarrassed themselves.

I'm all for the edgy stuff when Albion and Palace meet competitively, but at a preseason kickabout? Get a grip.

Robert Codners Nostrils

Oct 12, 2004
NYC
Apparently the West Street Firm have gotten hold of this nonsense and they're pwopa angwy! They intend to take the selhurst in half a minute, enlist buzzingtons to run stat brother when he's least expecting it, and stick the BYF on each corner of tongdean lane in case it all goes off! Then they're gonna find a family friendly spot and wheel out the c-word a couple of times. Happy Monday!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I like football and rugby.
When i lived in England i was a Season ticket holder for the Albion.
I was also an avid Bath rugby club fan and went to their games too, my friend is a leicester fan.
I dont know if anyone here knows anything about rugby but Bath and leicester are bitter rivals. We went to a bath v leicester game together, at leicester. I sat with him amongst the leicester fans in the 'hardcore supporters' area and yes i wore my bath shirt. I didn't feel intimidated, or that i shouldnt wear my shirt. I enjoyed some friendly banter with the fans in the area and suffered nothing what i would refer to as 'abuse'.

These things are games at the end of the day, and people that take it further than that, and actually start abusing people or threaten violence and intimidation need to take a long hard look at themselves.

As an aside, i now live in Norway, and regularly go and see Rosenborg, the best team (arguably) in Scandinavian football. The atmosphere in the ground is electric. I go in the supporters end, safe standing and flares allowed. But the biggest difference between the two games, is that NONE of the rosenborg chants are aimed at the other teams. They are ALL about rosenborg, their players and supporting their team rather than 'having a pop' at the other teams. There is no abusing of their own players. English football supporters could learn a lot.

As a Gloucester rugby fan I'd say you've got your rivalries all screwed up, I'll see you in the shed sometime to talk about it!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I presume no one hit him because of the carefully observed Queensbury rules of those who enjoy a tear up. 'No women, no kids, no scarfers' ever get hurt and it's only top boys who meet up with other for some toe to toe.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I like football and rugby.
When i lived in England i was a Season ticket holder for the Albion.
I was also an avid Bath rugby club fan and went to their games too, my friend is a leicester fan.
I dont know if anyone here knows anything about rugby but Bath and leicester are bitter rivals. We went to a bath v leicester game together, at leicester. I sat with him amongst the leicester fans in the 'hardcore supporters' area and yes i wore my bath shirt. I didn't feel intimidated, or that i shouldnt wear my shirt. I enjoyed some friendly banter with the fans in the area and suffered nothing what i would refer to as 'abuse'.

These things are games at the end of the day, and people that take it further than that, and actually start abusing people or threaten violence and intimidation need to take a long hard look at themselves.

As an aside, i now live in Norway, and regularly go and see Rosenborg, the best team (arguably) in Scandinavian football. The atmosphere in the ground is electric. I go in the supporters end, safe standing and flares allowed. But the biggest difference between the two games, is that NONE of the rosenborg chants are aimed at the other teams. They are ALL about rosenborg, their players and supporting their team rather than 'having a pop' at the other teams. There is no abusing of their own players. English football supporters could learn a lot.

I went to Bath v Leicester once by mistake after drunkenly following the wrong crowd for Bristol Rovers v The Albion. I think the rugby ended up 20-20, I know that we lost 3-0. That was a good day ... I think.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
............yep, 22nd October 1994

saw "American Music Club" in Bristol the night before

there was some CJTC in a 'House Of Love' T-shirt there

He was ****ing blood for a week by the time we'd finished with 'im.

grrrrr

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
that said, you've got to be some kind of prick to wear a Palace top to an Albion pre season friendly.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So is it a prerequesite of being a brighton fan to hate everyone who supports Palace....I`ve got a Palace friend who I meet at my house and regularly take to Amex(he goes away stand) and we meet up after..I`ve also got a friend who takes me to Charlton on same basis....You get your thugs whichever team you support as some on here have proven.

Jan 30, 2008
There's a difference between wearing a shirt round town and going to your rivals game, that doesn't involve your team, and deliberately identifying yourself as one of "them". I wonder how long you'd last at a Rangers friendly in a Celtic shirt or a Spurs friendly in an Arsenal one.

Either you get it or you don't.
the wet lettuces don't see that GB
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Exactly this. If you are a teenager in your first flush of testosterone and alcohol, it is understandable and, having been a teenager in the 70s, let him is without sin etc. But by the time I got into my early twenties, I had grown up a bit. I guess some take a little longer.
Ok victor mature :bowdown:
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So is it a prerequesite of being a brighton fan to hate everyone who supports Palace....I`ve got a Palace friend who I meet at my house and regularly take to Amex(he goes away stand) and we meet up after..I`ve also got a friend who takes me to Charlton on same basis....You get your thugs whichever team you support as some on here have proven.

All totally irrelevant to this thread unless your Palace mate wears his Palace shirt to the AMEX.
It's a very simple point the op is making, why wear a Palace shirt to a Brighton game?

Nothing wrong with having a mate who supports Palace, but I'm sure you would advise him not to wear his Palace shirt to a Brighton match not involving his team.

Jan 30, 2008
All totally irrelevant to this thread unless your Palace mate wears his Palace shirt to the AMEX.
It's a very simple point the op is making, why wear a Palace shirt to a Brighton game?

Nothing wrong with having a mate who supports Palace, but I'm sure you would advise him not to wear his Palace shirt to a Brighton match not involving his team.
we can see you holding hands:D
regards
DR

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to Bath v Leicester once by mistake after drunkenly following the wrong crowd for Bristol Rovers v The Albion. I think the rugby ended up 20-20, I know that we lost 3-0. That was a good day ... I think.

:lolol:
How long was it before you realised you wasn't watching football? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here