Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That **** in the Palace shirt at the Lewes game

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm amazed there aren't dozens of deaths in Manchester every week.

getimage.aspx

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's a difference between wearing a shirt round town and going to your rivals game, that doesn't involve your team, and deliberately identifying yourself as one of "them". I wonder how long you'd last at a Rangers friendly in a Celtic shirt or a Spurs friendly in an Arsenal one.

Either you get it or you don't.

Exactly this. El Pres's ridiculous photo as some sort of vindication that it's okay to wear Man U tops at Citeh matches is pointless and patently not true.

After the match yesterday I was at a party with a few Brighton fans, a Palace fan and a Pompey fan. We were all quite civilised, enjoyed talking about footie together and all agreed this Palace fan at the match was an attention-seeking numbnut.

There's a time and a place for things.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
People are too busy slipping over on the perennially damp pavements to have time to think about killing each other. Left foot down then steady right foot down (that kind of thing). #grey skies.

You try running after someone when wearing soggy FLARED trousers too. It's not easy.

Seriously, why would anyone do that and then feign surprise when people called him a c*nt?

He clearly wore it for a reaction and he got many yet appeared surprised by the comments. Utter attention-seeking knob jockey. Surprised if he didn't end up getting slapped even after he saw sense in the second half and covered up. Would I wear a Brighton top to a Dulwich Hamlet v Palace game? No, I'd have a bit of respect. C*nt.

And yes, I did call him that to his face

Really why the surprise because someone is wearing a premiership London clubs shirt to a non league side game against a league teams DS game:facepalm: My sons ref yesterday had a palace tattoo on his neck so we had a chat about palace! Need to relax about this Palace Brighton thing its all about 40 years too late???

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
The type of individual that is wearing a Palace shirt around Sussex is probably not the full shilling. These PL armchair fans drift from one team to another, they think they're "different" not wearing the usual top 4/6 clubs shirt. It wasn't so long ago that Pompey shirts were de rigeur for this disturbed type of person.

Personally, if I'd have seen the guy at the Lewes game, I would more than likely have asked a question of his intelligence, or words to that effect.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I saw the particular individual in question on the way to the game as we were parking the car.
Now I don't subscribe to showing hatred for rival fans and wouldn't begrudge anyone their right to freedom of choice, but this silly plonker obviously thought it quite amusing that he was wearing this top. That on its own is one thing, but he did have 'Murray' printed on the back.
Surely anyone with half a brain and the fact that they only had one mate with them, would think that they were chancing their arm if they would have run into the wrong folk.
I have to say, he didn't look particularly imposing or that blessed with brains. Pure attention seeker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw the particular individual in question on the way to the game as we were parking the car.
Now I don't subscribe to showing hatred for rival fans and wouldn't begrudge anyone their right to freedom of choice, but this silly plonker obviously thought it quite amusing that he was wearing this top. That on its own is one thing, but he did have 'Murray' printed on the back.
Surely anyone with half a brain and the fact that they only had one mate with them, would think that they were chancing their arm if they would have run into the wrong folk.
I have to say, he didn't look particularly imposing or that blessed with brains. Pure attention seeker.
But then again he was only going to a Brighton game, so he knew he was safe.

I'm struggling to understand how fans can be so outraged by this but not actually, except for some naughty words, do anything.

It's all very well citing North London, Glasgow and Manchester in defense of being incandescent with rage but it seems a little odd:-

'You can't wear that shirt because other people in a similar situation would be so outraged they'd duff you up'.
'Luckily for you we're not like those so all I'm going to do is use inappropriate language'.

That takes 'hold me back' to a whole new level.

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
But then again he was only going to a Brighton game, so he knew he was safe.

I'm struggling to understand how fans can be so outraged by this but not actually, except for some naughty words, do anything.

It's all very well citing North London, Glasgow and Manchester in defense of being incandescent with rage but it seems a little odd:-

'You can't wear that shirt because other people in a similar situation would be so outraged they'd duff you up'.
'Luckily for you we're not like those so all I'm going to do is use inappropriate language'.

That takes 'hold me back' to a whole new level.

He bravely covered his shirt up which sums him up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here