Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That "have you ever seen" chant

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Personally i am not a great lover of chants that are more about running others down than getting behind our team. That being said however i cannot believe that our fans have totally missed the chance that has been presented to us by the footballing gods. Namely all three teams in our group have a word of two syllables can be placed perfectly in this song as follows.
1st verse:-
Have you ever seen the palace in marseille?
2nd verse:-
Have you ever seen the palace at ajax?
3rd verse:-
Have you ever seen the palace in athens?

If we are going to rub their noses in it at least let us make it pertinent! :D :D

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
FFS. While you posted that, I was literally posting the start of another new thread saying the exact same thing!

Great minds.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Curious as to the term The Dam. I lived in Holland for a number of years, never heard Amsterdam referred to as The Dam. Don't think I've heard it called that anywhere other than since we drew them in the EL. Amsterdams 'nickname' is Mokum, also it's refered to as the Venice of the North, where has The Dam come from?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Curious as to the term The Dam. I lived in Holland for a number of years, never heard Amsterdam referred to as The Dam. Don't think I've heard it called that anywhere other than since we drew them in the EL. Amsterdams 'nickname' is Mokum, also it's refered to as the Venice of the North, where has The Dam come from?

I've heard it referred to as The Dam by British people for years. Guess it's just an abbreviation of Amsterdam. I wouldn't use it myself but people who call Marbella "Marbz" may well do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here