Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Glenn Murray is a very good player

bha25

IN GUS WE TRUST !
Jan 9, 2010
Copthorne
Still a Judas, no matter how "good" he is.....

and why the hell are we STILL talking about Murray!!!!!! HE'S GONE, HE IS A PAST ABLION PLAYER GET INTO YOUR SKULLS!!!!!!!!!!!

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota

and why the hell are we STILL talking about Murray!!!!!! HE'S GONE, HE IS A PAST ABLION PLAYER GET INTO YOUR SKULLS!!!!!!!!!!!

It's your own faults, anyone who sings songs about not missing him anymore means you still think about him.

I thought it was a free kick rather than a penalty but definitely a red card, Flores should have been booked earlier on for a cynical foul and then threw himself over when barely touched, a mixed bag of incidents for the Spaniard but he's an absolute puta so he deserved all he got.

Murray was fantastic though, if he can get a run of games without any injuries it'd be a huge boost.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
It's your own faults, anyone who sings songs about not missing him anymore means you still think about him.

I thought it was a free kick rather than a penalty but definitely a red card, Flores should have been booked earlier on for a cynical foul and then threw himself over when barely touched, a mixed bag of incidents for the Spaniard but he's an absolute puta so he deserved all he got.

Murray was fantastic though, if he can get a run of games without any injuries it'd be a huge boost.

You and your like on here are :tosser:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Miles outside the area. Yet again they benefit from a dubious refereeing decision. Is there a team in the country who has got as much luck as they have over the last few years?

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I know this isn't a sentiment likely to be endorsed by many in this parish, but I thought it was good to see Murray get a goal today after returning from such a bad injury. That injury could've ended his career 20 years ago and I expect he has had a difficult road to recovery. Just a pity his goal resulted in Palace taking a point from the Liberty Stadium, which is a handy result for them.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I know this isn't a sentiment likely to be endorsed by many in this parish, but I thought it was good to see Murray get a goal today after returning from such a bad injury. That injury could've ended his career 20 years ago and I expect he has had a difficult road to recovery. Just a pity his goal resulted in Palace taking a point from the Liberty Stadium, which is a handy result for them.

Completely agree....Don't begrudge Glenn one little bit. If he'd gone to anyone other than Palace we'd all feel he was one of ours....Murray was an exceptional talent for us - I particularly remember that goal in the 4-0 at The Valley a few years ago.....

Dec 3, 2012
Palace fans on your board have said it was outside the box. But it's priceless when a Brighton fan says it.

I like to see something myself before forming an opinion. I don't think that's unreasonable. It was priceless, not because you are a Brighton fan, but because you had such a strong opinion and you hadn't even seen it. If you read back you'll see that another fella said he'd seen it and it was a foul but not a penalty. I took that because it was based on something first hand. This is common sense isn't it? Certainly nothing to do with being a Brighton or Palace fan.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
For me it was not a penalty, should have been a freekick. I suspect however, that the ref knew it was borderline and felt he should give Murray the benefit of the doubt as was certain to score in the empty net had it not been for Chico Flores deliberately tripping him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
quality comment ny Lawro... to paraphrase, he runs around alot, he doesnt know what he's doing, his team mates dont know what hes' doing, but he's bothering the defense. :lolol:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Flores fouled Murray more than once. Initial contact is outside the box, but he certainly fouls him again in the penalty area and that's when the referee pulled up play, so penalty is the correct call by the rules. Naïve defending from Chico Flores to allow that to happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Completely agree. Murray was superb for us and it's good to see him get a chance to perform in the Premier League - he's earned it. It is, of course, incredibly unfortunate it's for Palace so I have to hope he scores a goal a game for the rest of the season, but loses every game 2-1 or worse.

As for today's penalty: if you're the beneficiary you'll cling to the "initial foul was outside the box, but contact continued into the box" rule. If it's gone against you, you'll claim it was outside the box and should have been a free-kick. That's the way football supporters work.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Says the person with In Gus we Trust as their description.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
quality comment ny Lawro... to paraphrase, he runs around alot, he doesnt know what he's doing, his team mates dont know what hes' doing, but he's bothering the defense. :lolol:

I presume by "paraphrase" you meant "lie"?

1. He wasn't talking about Murray, he was talking about Bolasie
2. He actually said "this boy is some player - he's like an unstoppable train at times - the only problem is he doesn't know what he's doing so his team mates don't; but when he runs at you, he causes you no end of problems."

You made it sound like "Lawro" was slating Murray, when in fact he was praising Yannick. Good one. :tosser:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Mate of mine is good friends with Glenn Murray he never slates the Albion despite the abuse, quiet down to earth bloke and if we had wanted him that much he would have stayed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like to see something myself before forming an opinion. I don't think that's unreasonable. It was priceless, not because you are a Brighton fan, but because you had such a strong opinion and you hadn't even seen it.
Such a strong opinion? I said 'It seems that palace got gifted another point thanks to a poor decision, as the foul was 2 feet outside the box (according to SSN)'. 'It seems' is hardly such a strong opinion is it.

If you read back you'll see that another fella said he'd seen it and it was a foul but not a penalty. I took that because it was based on something first hand. This is common sense isn't it?
Yes, so it seems the decision was wrong. Oh, sorry, I've done it again. Even if everyone says it was wrong, I'm still not supposed to say that it seems it was wrong, as I didn't see it. So I guess we can't comment on any event in earth's history, unless we saw it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Mate of mine is good friends with Glenn Murray he never slates the Albion despite the abuse, quiet down to earth bloke and if we had wanted him that much he would have stayed.

I thought he came across very well in the brief interview on MOTD.

The initial contact probably was just outside the box but in no way did he throw himself into the area. Momentum took him there. Played well again from what I saw in the highlights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here