Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Glenn Murray is a very good player

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
First start in the Premier League after a long layoff and did not look out of place. Held the ball up very well, great heading ability, and one excellent shot.

I know it's all in the past, and I know Ulloa can score goals, but why oh why did we let him go? No doubt in my mind we should have met his wage demands .... and then it might well have been Brighton in the Premier League instead of Palace.
Spot on! he is excellent in the air.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would rather hear your opinion on my opinion, rather than just a question. Maybe answer your own question to help make your point?

Sorry the question mark should not have been there. Murray for Hoskins swap had been agreed but after Hoskins broke his leg it was cancelled.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's why Bloom would have lost a certain amount of faith in Gus's judgement in spending his money. Letting Murray go would have been like Shampton getting rid of Lambert in their league one promotion season.

Not really, in his first Championship season Murray scored 7 goals in 43 games, and it looked as if the decision to release him had been vindicated.

Poyet thought that Glenn would be a better foil for CMS than Hoskins, Palace were happy to get Glenn off the wage bill and liked Hoskins
so it looked like a win-win deal.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Thanks for your reply.

Not really, in his first Championship season Murray scored 7 goals in 43 games, and it looked as if the decision to release him had been vindicated.

It can take time for a player to settle in to a new club and it took us time to adjust to being without him. He was also injured for a length of time in his first season in the Champ.

Poyet thought that Glenn would be a better foil for CMS than Hoskins, Palace were happy to get Glenn off the wage bill and liked Hoskins

He should have thought about that before he let Murray go and got Hoskins in.

I am pretty sure that the attempt to get Murray back was more down to Bloom than Poyet, and although I cannot be absolutely certain on that, this is the view I have formed because Gus let him go in the first place.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
From a friend I know Murray is a very decent lad so i wish him well and at the end of the day he is playing in the PL and we are not so he has the last laugh.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Still a cheat and diver I see. ****.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Good player but I can't see him doing anything in the Prem. I'd be surprised if he manages a goal from open play this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for your reply.

It can take time for a player to settle in to a new club and it took us time to adjust to being without him. He was also injured for a length of time in his first season in the Champ.
He played 43 games so wasn't injured for a length of time.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Glenn had a good game , nothing spectacular but solid and led the line well . He was up against 2 good experienced centre halfs who didn't give him too much tbh but he battled gamely .
I was surprised he started but he got a good 70 min under his belt which will benefit him and us in the run in .

Feb 14, 2010
Pouyets big mistake and some of us said so at the time. Good manager Poyet but if us punters could see what a massive mistake he was making letting him go then it does make you wonder. His replacement CMS tries hard, runs around allot but clinical finisher with skill he is not. Poyets decision to spend the money on CMS instead of Murray cost us top flight football IMO.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Very interesting, thanks for that little insight. So Gary Dicker cost us promotion ;)

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
How can people still talk about murray in a good way, he has tried his hardest and scored against us, for our arch rivals. I hate him, especially after that blatant dive at Selhurst (the 3-0) and then in the play-offs when he got injured he still tried to say it was a brighton player who fouled him even though no one was near him, the ****

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
How can people still talk about murray in a good way, he has tried his hardest and scored against us, for our arch rivals. I hate him, especially after that blatant dive at Selhurst (the 3-0) and then in the play-offs when he got injured he still tried to say it was a brighton player who fouled him even though no one was near him, the ****

Glenn was mistaken . When the cruciate went he felt a pain like he had been kicked , when he saw it again he realised no one was near him .

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Glenn was mistaken . When the cruciate went he felt a pain like he had been kicked , when he saw it again he realised no one was near him .

It still doesn't change the fact that he's a ****, I lost all respect for him when he dived in the 3-0

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

We wouldn't be in the championship without his goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here