Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] That f****n sound system

greachain

Mar 19, 2023
On a related note I thought the singing in the first half was great - so much better than usual and loudest game I can remember before that was probably the Man City tie at the end of last season. Bravo.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Way way too loud, brash sound and drowns out the build up and any chance to sing. Reminded me of a trip to Yankee stadium some time back where the crowd only sang when the song was played on the PA and they were told to sing. Is that where we’re headed?
Can’t stand it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Way way too loud, brash sound and drowns out the build up and any chance to sing. Reminded me of a trip to Yankee stadium some time back where the crowd only sang when the song was played on the PA and they were told to sing. Is that where we’re headed?
This. It's a mess. Both sets of fans were perfectly capable of building a cracking atmosphere without having to compete with the ruddy PA all the time

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
On a related note I thought the singing in the first half was great - so much better than usual and loudest game I can remember before that was probably the Man City tie at the end of last season. Bravo.
So weird. Did not come across at all on the telly - sounded really flat. Thought it might be the case that in the ground it was much better

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I watched a game at Bolton's Reebok stadium some years ago - and emailed them afterwards as it was deafening and atmosphere destroying. Their reply was along the lines of 'customer's like it'. So, presumably they think the fans want it?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So weird. Did not come across at all on the telly - sounded really flat. Thought it might be the case that in the ground it was much better
We had moments, but with the way the game went and our inability to pass, made it hard to reallly build an atmosphere

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All the music in the build up to the match seemed extra loud. I assumed they were trying to drown out the noise from the AEK fans.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I watched a game at Bolton's Reebok stadium some years ago - and emailed them afterwards as it was deafening and atmosphere destroying. Their reply was along the lines of 'customer's like it'. So, presumably they think the fans want it?
My kids like it. But the point is, they haven’t experienced anything else! It would be far better to let it build naturally.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'll add the shit on the big screens, I assume uefa told us to do them like that and as for the miniature font for the substitution, crap
And another thing while I'm moaning about the big screens - who designed the BHA Podcast logo, it look like Spurs badge no wonder we lost

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What a bunch of moany old men.

I thought it was terrific.

Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
It was the standard Amex atmosphere when things aren't going well at home.. Literally quiet as a mouse all the time we're losing.. Just not use to it, because it hasn't happened for so long (behind beind in games) - Its basically been a good news story for 3 years.... As soon as it got "sticky" - No noise...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It was the standard Amex atmosphere when things aren't going well at home.. Literally quiet as a mouse all the time we're losing.. Just not use to it, because it hasn't happened for so long (behind beind in games) - Its basically been a good news story for 3 years.... As soon as it got "sticky" - No noise...
disagree a bit , thought at 1-0 and 2-1 the fans were still with the team.

Once it went 3-2 , it went quiet and we didnt step up.

It all got a bit angry towards the end with people getting pissed off with the tippy tappy stuff which was a bit harsh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here