Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Duffy & Dunk Partnership

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Duffy has been an immense signing. Goodson is class but Duffy a class above IMO.

Consider this.If the record of 2 games out of 3 are clean sheets is continued, and allow, say, 7 0-0- draws, we shall take 76 points from 30 games. The other 16 should produce at least a point per game. Bingo: 92 points and 2nd place.

But post Duffy form is even better. Last 9 League games have included 7 clean sheets (I am omitting Brentford and Newcastle from the Duffy record as 'getting to know you' games) and just 3 goals conceded. Two of these were a meaningless 95th minute goal at SW and the Stockdale/Bruno horror show. So only the Preston equaliser could be put down to central defence, and most would argue that even that goal was caused by a Murphy error.

The case for the defence is very strong....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Duffy has been excellent, no question. We've now got Hünemeier and Goldson sitting around twiddling their thumbs, and both know they're not getting in the team as it stands. Dunk does the football, and Duffy does the head it and kick it. It's all very simple back there at the moment, Duffy tackles everything that he can and challenges for anything in the air he wants to and Dunk has the discipline and class to make sure he covers the spaces if required but 9/10 Duffy wins the header, or cleans everything out in the tackle.

Case in point, Duffy's venture forward today and then crunching EVERYTHING'S MINE tackle to buy him time to get back into position. 9 games unbeaten, 7 clean sheets in that time. No coincidance and by the way, Stockdale deserves his mention as well in that. The defensive unit of our back 5 is outstanding.

Obviously, I still think we paid massively over the odds for him but there's no question he's settled in well, and deserves our respect. Long may his good form last, and long may the partnerships in the defence last.

No way did we pay OTT. He was a monster today. MOTM had it not been for Murray's hat trick & Sidwell rolling back the years to win every second ball in Sussex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here