That Brenford Goal....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
FDM for the second half!! :D

1066gull

BHA Jordan said:
Probably cos we can't see it on here :lolol:
I know I haven't seen it but I know for a fact someone will come back from the match saying FDM should be on for Hendo.

I will judge him until I see it myself though

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Adriodinho said:
I know I haven't seen it but I know for a fact someone will come back from the match saying FDM should be on for Hendo.

I will judge him until I see it myself though
Spot on mate :drink:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Sat right behind Henderson for the equalizer. Time seemed to stand still as Henderson just stood looking at the bloke arms and legs akimbo, whilst I'm thinking just throw yourself at his feet, move - it seemed like he had plenty long enough to react, salvage the situation, make a name for himself or even get himself injured in the process. Had he switched off thinking the game was won or did the bottle just go, what with his call-up for Ireland next week? It was in my book not becoming of the never-say-die atitude we have come to accept. Could you imagine Charlie bottling a challenge with 2 points at stake in the dying seconds?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bromley shrimp said:
Sat right behind Henderson for the equalizer. Time seemed to stand still as Henderson just stood looking at the bloke arms and legs akimbo, whilst I'm thinking just throw yourself at his feet, move - it seemed like he had plenty long enough to react, salvage the situation, make a name for himself or even get himself injured in the process. Had he switched off thinking the game was won or did the bottle just go, what with his call-up for Ireland next week? It was in my book not becoming of the never-say-die atitude we have come to accept. Could you imagine Charlie bottling a challenge with 2 points at stake in the dying seconds?

Could you imagine Cullip missing a header in the last min? no.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
When the Brentford centre back punted the ball forward, El-Abd missed timed his header and it went over his head, Hendo was totally wrong footed by the mistiming and the Brentford striker ran onto it and scored, Mayo should of cleared it of the line.

It wasn't Hendo fault, it was us going to sleep and getting punished for it.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
its weird with Hendo , he had a very sloppy first half last Saturday , a MOM performance on Tuesday and a complete nothingish game today

ok he really wasn't called into duty much but when he was he really didn't give his all - the defence should've been alot closer to the man for the final goal though, there was no need for Hendo to come that far off his line.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Yes Kev, but they were talking about the first goal.

Henderson wasn't at fault for the first, it was a well struck free kick, if anything the problem was not having someone on the post.
true , it shouldn't have come as far as him though, it needed a defensive header on it

very soft goal.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Yes Kev, but they were talking about the first goal.

Henderson wasn't at fault for the first, it was a well struck free kick, if anything the problem was not having someone on the post.

That free-kick had 2 options, O'Connor could of put it over bar or put it out of the reach of Hendo and hit the target, from there you just knew it was always going to be on target.

Henderson wasn't at fault for any of the goals.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the first was a very good freekick. some tosser complained henderson was the wrong side of the wall - bollocks he was. the whole point of the wall is to defend the side of the kick, while the keeper covers the other. it was just a superb freekick to bend round the wall and dip in

as for the second, maybe he should of reacted quicker. but then again you really do not expect a defender to completely miss a header as el abd did

i am pretty certain had kuipers been in goal, then el abd would be taking the majority of the blame for that goal

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty M said:
the first was a very good freekick. some tosser complained henderson was the wrong side of the wall - bollocks he was. the whole point of the wall is to defend the side of the kick, while the keeper covers the other. it was just a superb freekick to bend round the wall and dip in

as for the second, maybe he should of reacted quicker. but then again you really do not expect a defender to completely miss a header as el abd did

i am pretty certain had kuipers been in goal, then el abd would be taking the majority of the blame for that goal
Course he would - Kuipers let one in at Watford 2 seasons ago which was pretty much he same - that of couse was the defence's fault.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

The fact is you have a young keeper with two very young central defenders.

That is why FDM should be playing to bring some experience and organisation to the defence.

Bring on the Dutchman, Hendo is to inconsistent at this stage of his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here