Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Banner Today

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Ha. Were you complaining about someone else's right to free speech?

No - I stated that while I respected their right to say/display what they wanted, I disagreed with their message.

I think my eloquent delivery of this assertion was along the lines of singing "You can stick your ****ing banner up your arse".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You still don't get it do you? Relegation will seriously feck up 17 years of momentum gained since losing the Goldstone. If we go down, with the overheads at The Amex, we are in Big Shit financially and there is no guarantee of a fast return to the Championship.

Now you've explained it, i'm really worried as we are making money hand over fist in the championship :facepalm:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
If we had 11 players on the pitch after the game against Wolves we would have won the game imo and perhaps on our way ...who knows ...but sack the manager ,sack the board ,in fact sack everyone ....have I left anyone out .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I believe that everyone has the right to feel how they like about a team's performance, if they're not particularly happy when we're winning, or or not particularly miserable when we're losing, that's fine. There's no right way to be a supporter, there's no best way.

But this is really testing my belief.

17 years of momentum? The first few years were a struggle to just stay in the league, there were a couple of relegations from the championship to league one. With a couple of those years taking place in another county, then a further decade in a temporary ground losing money hand over fist, constantly under threat of going bust.

Your second paragraph acknowledges the trouble that contradicts the 17 years of momentum. The thousands of fans supporting a demoralised team.

One win in 18 is bad. No one is denying that.

The idea that it will be the ruination of a football club that has spent the last year or two reining in its spending, working towards reducing overheads, maximising income is completely over the top. Especially when paired with the suggestion that since 1997 there has been nothing but good (you don't get 17 years of momentum if some of those years are bad).

Now I know one response to this might be "I didn't mean every one of those 17 years was positive" - exactly. Having a bad year every now and then doesn't stop an overall forward progress. It didn't in the past 17 years, and it won't this year. The club won't cease to exist if they go down a division.

If the club goes down, the man who foots that bill is the man who has decided to stick with Hyypia. It will be on him, and if he is going to be paying the bill, he has the right to make the employment choice he wants. This isn't about being a licker, this is about being a realist. It's his money he is gambling with, he will be the one covering our losses (as he does currently).

Of course, you have every right to disagree, and to criticise his decisions, but have some genuine perspective.

This 100%, at last a realistic view of the clubs predicament.

Mar 24, 2011
Wouldn't do it myself now but did in the bad old days, they have every right to display the banner. They are supporting the team but not the manager as am I.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Having just caught up with the Football League show, I'd just like to disassociate myself from that banner, even though I am standing and shouting close-by to it. I was singing the "Ohhhh Sami Sami..." song. :flounce:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Does anyone think that the Club haven't already heard this message? They've decided ... Sami stays.

Oh l'm sure that the club has HEARD this message, but until yesterday had they SEEN it? Ok so, maybe it won't make a jot of difference, but demonstrating like this is all that fans can do,

And maybe, just maybe, a combination of loyal fans demonstrating, and a few more lucklustre performances culminating in dismal defeats will finally persuade Tony to pull the plug.

The trouble is, the damage will be too late to rectify by then.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I didn't see it, but really don't think it was appropriate.

I'm back in the Hyypia in camp. The more I think about it I really don't see this situation as his fault. Yes he is not the perfect manager but he is learning. He was never going to be the finished product when he joined but unlike other managers he was given a bad start by selling good players and getting crocks of shit in.

I think Bloom's refusal to sack him shows that he also sees there were problems beyond his control.

Your agenda is SO dull.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
That banner is child play, wait till you see our banner that we're revealing at an away game soon. It has the 'WOW' factor and people wont dear pull it down. Some grizzly giants are holding it aloft and they are old school. Yes, you'll have numptys running on here saying this and that and felt like telling it to their faces etc but they have balls like a rodent.

I like to think it's art :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here