Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thankyou Grandad :D

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Bought my grandad a few choice items from the clubshop as a thankyou for making sure I grew up as a Brighton fan and taking me to my first Brighton game when I was 6, and many other Albion games after that. I thought the performance tonight made me realise how good it is to be a supporter of this club, and I've got my old Grandad to thank for that :D I think a lot of us will have Dads, Grandads, uncles who we're all grateful too for inducting us into the mighty Seagulls! :bhasign:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Grandads are brilliant - simples

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Great post - my dad was Albion to his core, (got to play in goal for the reserves in the 60's) and took me to my first game aged 8 - God rest his soul. Gone but not forgotten, immortalized on one of the heritage stones for hopefully the next 100 years!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Have had the sheer joy of taking 4 of my g/kids to the Amex already and the all think it's fantastic.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
Was my grandad that took both me and my brother to our first games at the Goldstone........ He was Albion through and through and made sure we were as well. Thanks Albert!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't recall either of mine being into football.

Was my Dad who started taking me along to the Goldstone when I was nine or ten. I suspect because I got bored of spending Saturday afternoons shopping in Brighton with my Mum. God knows how much the subsequent habit has cost me since :)

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
My Grandad started taking me about 1980. He had the same seat in the West Stand at the Goldstone for years, just behind Tony Millard's announcer's box. Can't imagine what he would have made of Falmer.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
It was my nan who first took me to the football 1994 vs york.
When she died in January it was the memory i most cherished.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Taking my 85yo Grandpa to the Sunderland game as a birthday treat / thank you.
Don't think he's been to a game since the Goldstone.
Can't wait to see the smile on his face.
My ST is WSU, but went in East Stand so he can look at the West Stand, and the thousands of support.
(and the fact I don't think he'd see from my ST seat!)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Taking my 85yo Grandpa to the Sunderland game as a birthday treat / thank you.
Don't think he's been to a game since the Goldstone.
Can't wait to see the smile on his face.
My ST is WSU, but went in East Stand so he can look at the West Stand, and the thousands of support.
(and the fact I don't think he'd see from my ST seat!)

And, at 85 years old, would probably take until half time to climb all the stairs to the WSU...

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Ermm.. My dad's a Plymouth fan and my mum follows Leeds. I had to bring myself into this wonderful world :lol:

And Smith Did Score

May 9, 2010
Glasgow
I have my Dad to thank for introduction to the team. 0-4 against Arsenal in the 1st game in the 1st division in the south stand. Crap seats and a crap result so swapped the st's for a view from the mecano stand in the west! I'm so glad of that day and never looked back. Only wish I lived back in Sussex to see the boys play. Carlisle away was my local "home" fixture! ???
Thank god for loyal family members. I am working on my 6 and 8 year old girls as we speak. I mean.... gymnastics. What is that all about eh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here