Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks to Bozza

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It is a very good place to debate politics and almost every other kind of issue.

It is a little frustrating that it is so right-wing, but it goes with the core demographic - relatively affluent middle aged men, including many business owners.

Bozza does a great job, despite him being another Tory boy, by keeping it impartial and friendly. NSC is a great website.

But you ran some distorted questionnaire that said nearly all (bar me and another) were raving lefties. Most surveys i see lean left here.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Business owners have to start somewhere. I got my qualifications CIOB, through six years of day release, earning a pittance. I knew that if I worked at it, there would be light at the end of the tunnel. I eventually ended up with my own business employing 200 people and ensuring that they were paid relative to their ability and effort. Most of the guys were with me until I sold my shares 17 years later. No one was abused or taken advantage of, many consider me a friend. In all that time I paid my own PAYE which amounted to approx 50% of my gross earnings. All profits attracted corporation tax and we had over 100 vans travelling into the congestion charging zone each day, paying what is, basically, another tax. Running a business is not ways a bed of roses. As a QS I spend most of my time trying to get paid, in order that the employees can be paid. We're not all toffs!

You b^st^rd!

:thumbsup:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Business owners have to start somewhere. I got my qualifications CIOB, through six years of day release, earning a pittance. I knew that if I worked at it, there would be light at the end of the tunnel. I eventually ended up with my own business employing 200 people and ensuring that they were paid relative to their ability and effort. Most of the guys were with me until I sold my shares 17 years later. No one was abused or taken advantage of, many consider me a friend. In all that time I paid my own PAYE which amounted to approx 50% of my gross earnings. All profits attracted corporation tax and we had over 100 vans travelling into the congestion charging zone each day, paying what is, basically, another tax. Running a business is not ways a bed of roses. As a QS I spend most of my time trying to get paid, in order that the employees can be paid. We're not all toffs!

Well said. I am also a self employed QS/Estimator and know that the Construction industry is the bell weather. First to feel redundancy in bad times, last to get employed in good. However, hard work, good service to clients and you will never be out of work. Don't expect anything to be handed on a plate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here