Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Piers Morgan

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I think this plastic term is itself pathetic. Just because someone doesn't go to every game or supports a team that appears sucessful at a moment in time, doesn't mean that they are " plastic", they have just made a choice to support a team.

When I was young, we moved away from Huddersfield and I had never been taken to a match by my dad so after coming back from overseas, living around the country, we went to matches at Chelsea, Swindon, Bristol city, reading, Oxford, Cardiff, ending up in brighton, but to be honest, if my dad hasn't sent my brother and I to the goldstone, we would have probably ended up going to London as there were far more glamorous and sucessful teams to support that a local seaside 3 rd division team.

If I had a son that wanted to watch football and chose someone other that brighton, I would have had no problem with that at all. I wouldn't call him plastic.

Btw, my mates father was talking about his support for arsenal the other day and he spoke passionately about a team that he had supported for over 60 years. He had only ever seen them live once as he couldn't afford the cost, not just the admission, but the travel costs etc. I suppose to the smug fans these days, he is a plastic?

I agree wth every word of that.

All this 'Plastic' and 'JCL' nonsense is so childish. We're all allowed to choose which team we support, regardless of geography. I grew up in Chichester and more of my mates supported Portsmouth than Brighton ...but many more than that supported other teams, usually those in the top division. No-one had any problem with that.

I now live near Canterbury and my local pub is full of football enthusiasts. NONE of them is a staunch Gillingham supporter and allegiances are spread across many, many teams. No-one finds that strange.

I am delighted that I chose to support the Albion but, frankly, I couldn't care less who others support.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think this plastic term is itself pathetic. Just because someone doesn't go to every game or supports a team that appears sucessful at a moment in time, doesn't mean that they are " plastic", they have just made a choice to support a team.

When I was young, we moved away from Huddersfield and I had never been taken to a match by my dad so after coming back from overseas, living around the country, we went to matches at Chelsea, Swindon, Bristol city, reading, Oxford, Cardiff, ending up in brighton, but to be honest, if my dad hasn't sent my brother and I to the goldstone, we would have probably ended up going to London as there were far more glamorous and sucessful teams to support that a local seaside 3 rd division team.

If I had a son that wanted to watch football and chose someone other that brighton, I would have had no problem with that at all. I wouldn't call him plastic.

Btw, my mates father was talking about his support for arsenal the other day and he spoke passionately about a team that he had supported for over 60 years. He had only ever seen them live once as he couldn't afford the cost, not just the admission, but the travel costs etc. I suppose to the smug fans these days, he is a plastic?

Spot on. So much pretentious nonsense goes on these days around who is a proper fan and who isn't. It's utter nonsense.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
When I saw there had been a 'red wine' incident at Arsenal over the weekend I just assumed they were talking about Piers Morgan.

#WaHey #HereAllWeek

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here