Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Nathan

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
NJ has proved he can do the job and on Tuesday said he was ready for it.
He is clearly a threat to CH who will marginalise him......NJ may stay to see if CH bore's us to death....or will be poached/leave to a L1 Team.
Thanks and good luck NJ.

I can't help thinking it is in Hughton's interests to work with Jones, he can learn from him about the team, the players and so on. Jones can learn from the greater experience of the new man. A good manager in any field will look to the development of those under him or her.

I don't understand why we have to enter conspiracy theory, "threat to" and "marginalise" territory. Hughton is a decent bloke and a good operator by all accounts.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
With all the fuss regarding Chris Hughton which will come today I just wanted to thank Nathan for the last week. He has reinforced why we love our Club so much even at times when we don't like them. I really hope he fits in well to the new structure and never expierences the rubbish personal comments on here again.

Well said DS. Since half time on Boxing Day he has restored pride in our club that has been missing since the Derby play-off game. I would have been happy to have him as first team manager but respect TB's decision and will throw my weight behind CH. That said, I won't forget what NJ has done for the club and I'm delighted that he's going to remain central to the coaching team. Never understood the abuse he got on NSC but hopefully that's all in the past now. Great post.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
With all the fuss regarding Chris Hughton which will come today I just wanted to thank Nathan for the last week. He has reinforced why we love our Club so much even at times when we don't like them. I really hope he fits in well to the new structure and never expierences the rubbish personal comments on here again.

Jones really helped with telling Hyppia Kaz was a battling central midfielder. Useless

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
In 135 playing minutes he gave us back our pride; in the few short days since Hyypia left he spoke with a passion for the club and its supporters that shamed the dead-eyed suits above him.
This

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
it was a fantastic night and such a relief to see the team selection , but i cant help feeling he got a bit lucky with JFC and Gardner not being available.What odds they would have both played if they could?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
I think Nathan will be shrewd enough to realise he could learn a fair bit from CH in the next year or two.

The one thing you can guarantee is that no football manager stays in post forever - they either get sacked or get poached (both have happened to CH in recent past)

Whenever one of the above happens to CH - assuming Mr Jones is still with us, to me he will be very likely to get the managers role having a few years experience behind him

Monday's substitutions and tactics to me seemed much like Micky Adams first time around, get ahead, change to fresh forward players, stretch the game a bit, get a bigger lead and win

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I think Nathan will be shrewd enough to realise he could learn a fair bit from CH in the next year or two.

The one thing you can guarantee is that no football manager stays in post forever - they either get sacked or get poached (both have happened to CH in recent past)

Whenever one of the above happens to CH - assuming Mr Jones is still with us, to me he will be very likely to get the managers role having a few years experience behind him

Monday's substitutions and tactics to me seemed much like Micky Adams first time around, get ahead, change to fresh forward players, stretch the game a bit, get a bigger lead and win
Well if he's going to be poached anyway, it might be a good idea not to sack him first for gross misconduct but not say what it is.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Totally the correct decision by the board, Nathan looks like he could be quite a decent prospect for the future. It was the wrong time for him now as his first job in 1st team management could of easily ended up as a relegation and damaged his CV for the foreseeable. I'm sure the club see him as a future candidate and are helping him gain valuable experience by keeping him on.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
it was a fantastic night and such a relief to see the team selection , but i cant help feeling he got a bit lucky with JFC and Gardner not being available.What odds they would have both played if they could?

Have to agree. Still, credit where credit's due. Nathan certainly got the team motivated. TBH a sack of potatoes would be a better motivator than Sami.

Larry

Feb 11, 2011
Yes well done should have been given the job but ho!dear not a BARBER man and Bloom as to do what BARBER wants.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
A draw and a win (having been part of a management team that had royally f***ed it up over the previous four months) and suddenly he's a genius. I love football...

Thank God - I thought I'd entered some parallel universe where NJ had become the new Alex Ferguson . . . . ;)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes well done should have been given the job but ho!dear not a BARBER man and Bloom as to do what BARBER wants.

What are you talking about!? Silly post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here