David Davies
Norman Cook
Steve Gritt
Hazel Blears
Robbie Reinelt
Paul Whelch
Martin Perry
Tony Bloom

and (as I have obviously missed loads of other key players in the drama of the past 14 years) EVERYONE else who has made today possible!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The battle's only just begun, but we have won the war.
Our club, though torn asunder, will survive.
And I salute each one of you who stood up and said NO!
And fought to keep the Albion alive.
And one day, when our new home's built, and we are storming back
A bunch of happy fans without a care
We¹ll look back on our darkest hour and raise our glasses high
and say with satisfaction: we were there.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

That brings a tear to the eye....in fact, I think I may cry at some point today.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
I cannot believe that today has arrived. It is going to be unreal in so many ways.

Not having seen The Goldstone since April 1997, never ever having gone along that part of the OSR, this morning I will confront what has haunted me and has driven me for the past 14 years. And then a few hours later, the blue & white stripes will emerge from the tunnel and we will call The American Express Community Stadium home.

Goldstone Ghosts says it all and more - together we won and I thank everyone who did their bit.

I am going to be in tears - our journey is finally over. For those that are no longer with us or cannot be with us this afternoon because of illness/age - dear Nigel Erskine - together we won and The Amex is yours for the next 100 years.

WE ARE HOME & DRY........well apart from the tears today and next Saturday that is....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Nigel ' Bushfire ' Erskine seconded - will think of you mate and many many others today, get well soon Nige

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think that's probably the best thing John's ever written. From those dark, dark days and the early BISA meetings, the loss of the Goldstone, Hereford, exile, the seemingly interminable struggle to get the new ground, the worries over money ..... and now the Amex! It really doesn't seem possible. I'm going to all three 'first' games (I'll let others argue the toss over which is the 'real' one) as I want to savour every moment of this new dawn.

Well done everybody who did even the smallest thing in the wars against Archer and the stadium opponents. I love you all. (Off to read the 'Half time at Hereford' thread now.)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With you in spirit and via the airwaves today.
Fans United seems such a long time ago but come 3 o'clock I will be back there and no doubt shed a tear.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Thank you doesn't even begin to cover the way everybody closed ranks and stood steadfast against all odds. A major day in the history of the Albion is here, and I will be eternally grateful for the huge efforts of everyone. This has not only given me great pleasure, but also a warm glow inside, knowing that my children and their children will have a team and a home to be proud of. Thank you all.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
So much...owed to so many.

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
37 years old, in tears before breakfast. It's gonna be a hell of a day. Thank you to all who made this possible. Fans United will never be defeated.........

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
...so much is owed, by so many, to so few

Sincere gratitude to all who fought on the front line to save the Albion from my self, my children, my children's children and all future generations.

We should have a day special day set aside each year to remember ... maybe we could call it Dick's Day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports