Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you, Tony Bloom

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
There is a really long list of why we, the fans, have thanked you over and over again.

I would just like to add to that list by thanking you (and your staff) for being a beacon of integrity in the cesspool that the upper echelon of football has become.

Prouder than ever to follow the Albion.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
There is a really long list of why we, the fans, have thanked you over and over again.

I would just like to add to that list by thanking you (and your staff) for being a beacon of integrity in the cesspool that the upper echelon of football has become.

To be fair, it's not like we were invited to join the ESL and turned it down. It's easy to turn down an invitation that was never proffered. I bet a few of the 14 clubs would have accepted if invited.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair, it's not like we were invited to join the ESL and turned it down. It's easy to turn down an invitation that was never proffered. I bet a few of the 14 clubs would have accepted if invited.

I suspect that if TB was in it primarily to make money he'd have flogged us to a foreign owner years ago.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

No chance. Bloom is a football fan. He understands the game and its history.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suspect that if TB was in it primarily to make money he'd have flogged us to a foreign owner years ago.

As a PL club with a modern stadium and training ground we would be a highly desirable investment I imagine. No signs that TB has any intention of selling but would we even have a clue if he did decide to sell up, before it happened? I really doubt it

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Strangely, he makes me feel a bit conflicted. If we were still a smaller club, I would be delighted if the top 6 disappeared up their own backsides and left everyone else to get on with it. Long term fans go to watch us win and play well - not gawp at superstars. But for all the money Bloom has put in, it would be a massive shame for it all count for nothing as we play in a devalued PL. Revenue would drop massively and almost leave us unsustainable financially long term.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To be honest if we were a Big 6 club I could imagine Barber being all over the ESL as a way to maximise revenue. He’s very business minded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To be honest if we were a Big 6 club I could imagine Barber being all over the ESL as a way to maximise revenue. He’s very business minded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because he is a decent operator I'm not convinced he would be...

As for TB, we are so lucky and he must never be taken for granted

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

What has he said ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As a PL club with a modern stadium and training ground we would be a highly desirable investment I imagine. No signs that TB has any intention of selling but would we even have a clue if he did decide to sell up, before it happened? I really doubt it

Thankfully it’s unlikely to happen but how desirable if Bloom wanted his £400m back ?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Strangely, he makes me feel a bit conflicted. If we were still a smaller club, I would be delighted if the top 6 disappeared up their own backsides and left everyone else to get on with it. Long term fans go to watch us win and play well - not gawp at superstars. But for all the money Bloom has put in, it would be a massive shame for it all count for nothing as we play in a devalued PL. Revenue would drop massively and almost leave us unsustainable financially long term.

We would certainly have to change our model and cut our costs. However, we'd be in a much better place than say Everton ( about to spend a huge amount on a new stadium), Aston Villa who have spent massively on players and wages, and perhaps most of all, Palace who have numerous players on big wages that surely couldn't be sustained by a slimmer Premier League. We'd actually be relatively well placed as our cost base is lower than most and so we could probably get by, by selling a couple of players to ESL clubs.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Watching Hartys superb interview with Barber posted on here the other day, really hit home how unique and lucky we are to have TB and PB in charge. I think Barber at one point said he sometimes gets dozens of calls in a single day from Tony, 7 days a week, 365, on all manners even down to players and their families. That's really something, especially considering how insanely busy Tony must be with all his other business interests. Ones which actually make him money

****ing legend, having a fan of the club as a chairman in the Premier League is quite immensely amazing really isnt it.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Always happy to see one of these threads and will always support it.

Tony is the best owner in the league. Sharp, one of a kind, and an honest to god fan of our club. One of us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Problem is that Tony really is one of a kind! PL needs another 19 like him and we wouldn’t be in this mess.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

I don't think that's a fair charge at all. Barber is a football man as well as being into the business side of things. I know he's made some decisions which have been unpopular but I honestly don't believe he'd be in favour of a breakaway as a means to close the shop. I look forward to hearing from either or both of Barber and Tony Bloom. Two very good men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here