Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you RDZ

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
He's given the club, players & fans a slightly crazed Latin energy. Just as Gus did. I bloody love it
Totally agree. But I always thought with Gus it was a car crash waiting to happen from pretty much day one. It wasn't if it was when and boy it was a big one when it did happen. But what a ride it was and I wouldn't swap Gus' time here for anything. I don't have that same feeling with RDZ. Maybe I'm slightly blinded by the results at the moment and a bit misty eyed.

That said if this last couple of months has told us anything we are still very much a small fish in a big ocean and the bigger boys have very big nets. If he keeps doing well the sharks will start circling.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am loving it, but am strongly suspecting that when it ends, as it inevitably will sooner or later, it will be dramatic. Roberto doesn't do dull.
My thoughts too

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not so much renewed interests from family and friends because that was already there.

However, whenever travelling in taxis/trains talking to people at work about football (or they start speaking to me because I’m wearing BHA scarf or sweatshirt) it’s always the same response now:

“Oh Brighton, they are doing really well now aren’t they?” “What your Manger’s name? De Zerbi? He’s doing much better than that Potter bloke you used to have that’s now at Chelsea isn’t he?!”

Best one, last week I got into a London Black Cab for a 40min journey from South London to Kings Cross. As soon as I got in, and was asked where I was from - when I said ‘Brighton’ there was a heavy silence. The cab driver said “do you support Brighton then?” I said “of course, you? “
He said “nah, Palace STH me - and I was half thinking to not take you after you said ‘Brighton’’. We had a laugh at our mutual rivalry, enjoyed the Truce and both then spent the next 40 mins singing De Zerbi’s praises, lauding Brighton’s star players and how TB’s brilliant recruitment strategy has turned the club into a major PL competitor that the Palace Cab driver was, by his own admission, quite jealous of.

Never met such a complimentary Palace supporter - De Zerbi is wobbling the thickest of heads, I’m telling ya! 🇮🇹

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My 13 year old son is a Chelsea fan (followed his big bruv 🤦‍♂️) - Brighton has always been his second team . We've been to the Amex twice and I've told him I'll never take him to Chelsea's ground 😂.
Anyway, this season he's bored with Chelsea, too much passing round the back again and again, too much money being spent, too much Hollywood Boelhy. He's signed up to the Seagulls on Instagram and loves watching Mitoma, March etc.
He's getting there... just as likely to show me a replay of a Brighton goal as a Chelsea one .
If we finish above Chelsea... I think he's a Seagull 👍🤞👍
Well you’re not blameless as a parent here….

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I really liked Potter, I felt very safe with him in charge, a month or so before he left I remember saying to a colleague “I dread the day that Potter leaves us” as I’d convinced myself that he was the reason why we were doing so well. I was absolutely furious when he left. I felt like he’d left us vulnerable. I’ve always loved the Albion, and nothing will ever make me not look forward to going, but since RDZ has turned up I’m absolutely buzzing for every game. To me it feels like I’ve come out of a very safe relationship, one that was comfortable but had ultimately run its course, but now I’ve got a new partner and everything is exciting again.
I dunno, it’s a bit of waffle but that’s where I’m at.
Forza Roberto.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I am loving it, but am strongly suspecting that when it ends, as it inevitably will sooner or later, it will be dramatic. Roberto doesn't do dull.
Nah... he's a gentleman. He wants European football again, so it'll either be with us 🤞🤞... or. But I'm not expecting drama.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
My lad is still at primary school and can you imagine what it would’ve been like to support THIS Brighton team when you were at school! A couple of seasons ago he got plenty of stick from all the ManU Liverpool and Tottenham fans - I knew he was wavering as a Brighton fan - I don’t know if it’s just that he’s getting older and more engaged, maybe but I suspect that his current passion for Brighton is a lot to do with the RDZ factor. Absolutely buzzing!! 👍

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Not so much renewed interests from family and friends because that was already there.

However, whenever travelling in taxis/trains talking to people at work about football (or they start speaking to me because I’m wearing BHA scarf or sweatshirt) it’s always the same response now:

“Oh Brighton, they are doing really well now aren’t they?” “What your Manger’s name? De Zerbi? He’s doing much better than that Potter bloke you used to have that’s now at Chelsea isn’t he?!”

Best one, last week I got into a London Black Cab for a 40min journey from South London to Kings Cross. As soon as I got in, and was asked where I was from - when I said ‘Brighton’ there was a heavy silence. The cab driver said “do you support Brighton then?” I said “of course, you? “
He said “nah, Palace STH me - and I was half thinking to not take you after you said ‘Brighton’’. We had a laugh at our mutual rivalry, enjoyed the Truce and both then spent the next 40 mins singing De Zerbi’s praises, lauding Brighton’s star players and how TB’s brilliant recruitment strategy has turned the club into a major PL competitor that the Palace Cab driver was, by his own admission, quite jealous of.

Never met such a complimentary Palace supporter - De Zerbi is wobbling the thickest of heads, I’m telling ya! 🇮🇹

40 mins in a black cab!! What was that £100 spent and with a palace fan??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Totally agree. But I always thought with Gus it was a car crash waiting to happen from pretty much day one. It wasn't if it was when and boy it was a big one when it did happen. But what a ride it was and I wouldn't swap Gus' time here for anything. I don't have that same feeling with RDZ. Maybe I'm slightly blinded by the results at the moment and a bit misty eyed.

That said if this last couple of months has told us anything we are still very much a small fish in a big ocean and the bigger boys have very big nets. If he keeps doing well the sharks will start circling.
Sharks? With nets? We've got no chance.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
My lad is still at primary school and can you imagine what it would’ve been like to support THIS Brighton team when you were at school! A couple of seasons ago he got plenty of stick from all the ManU Liverpool and Tottenham fans - I knew he was wavering as a Brighton fan - I don’t know if it’s just that he’s getting older and more engaged, maybe but I suspect that his current passion for Brighton is a lot to do with the RDZ factor. Absolutely buzzing!! 👍
that and possibly all the hyper positive coverage on TV and social media... IF you allow him access of course ,,😉

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
40 mins in a black cab!! What was that £100 spent and with a palace fan??
I have to take taxis because of disability and can’t manage tubes or buses with a luggage - but yes, not cheap.

And I think I’d converted him to at least liking Brighton by the time we got to King’s Cross which compared to his Parlacey-arsey attitude when I got into the taxi, was a major coup. 😂

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
@raymondo he has YouTube on his tv (on an account I check in on from time to time) to be fair to him he has always watched the Albion highlights on YouTube every Sunday morning. His last couple of shirts have been Lamptey 2 but right now he would have a different choice every ten minutes!!!
Pleased he didn’t have to go through’97 etc but sometimes I think he would have a better sense of perspective… I read someone on NSC say that telling their kids the Brighton history felt a bit like telling WW2 stories (relevance wise) I know that feeling

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Last season was the first time in my life that I did not look forward to matches. 12 goals scored in our first 17 home games. It was so boring and going to the games was such a chore.

Since RDZ has come to the club I count down the days to the next game and I have also started going to away games again.
Indeed, could never understand the fuss over Potter and his boring non scoring football. Before someone mentions Man Utd and Leicester that was two games in three seasons we managed to score over two goals. Mitoma would have been wasted on him probably would be a struggling LWB behind Pervis and March.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here