Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you Palace

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
It's a pisstake you ****wit.
I'm happy too, hence thanking Palace for letting us do the double over them. Not in the least being a downer, and I'm hardly being pedantic, I'm just explaining the post as it seems to have gone over your head. Ironically you're trying to be pedantic if you're saying that I've praised them because I said the word 'thanks', completely missing the point that I said thanks for being shit :shrug:

Bugger you bloody bore!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Glad you’ve stayed up, can’t see the point of rivalry if we don’t play each other. Gives us the chance to avenge you doing the double over us this season.

It was interesting reading your matchday thread, it was like watching a Palace game through the eyes of a Brighton fan. Weirdly enjoyable.

For what it’s worth, I thought we rarely needed to get out of second gear today, and never thought we would lose after the first goal. Funny how we all see games differently.

See you guys next season.

Agreed. I watched the game and the first half looked nothing more than a training session for you.
We pocketed 6 points from you, and you put the fire out for us today. Truce, until August. :kiss:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Glad you’ve stayed up, can’t see the point of rivalry if we don’t play each other. Gives us the chance to avenge you doing the double over us this season.

It was interesting reading your matchday thread, it was like watching a Palace game through the eyes of a Brighton fan. Weirdly enjoyable.

For what it’s worth, I thought we rarely needed to get out of second gear today, and never thought we would lose after the first goal. Funny how we all see games differently.

See you guys next season.

It was just weird for us reading the matchday thread! See you soon :thumbsup:

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I don’t suppose I’ll be able to say this too often in my lifetime, so just for the record, for the THIRD time this season thank you Crystal Palace.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
MjAxMy03ZmQzNDljMTM5ZGFkZDZm.png

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
We've survived!

I never thought I'd say this, but thank you Crystal Palace, for being shit enough to gift us 6 points, enough to keep us in the Premier League for another season. A double to remember.

Thank you.
It must leave a little bit of a sour taste knowing that we couldn't do it off our own back, right? You make yourself look a bit of a dick lauding it up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Over 36 games, we've turned out to be slightly better than 3 other teams. Mission accomplished.

Palace didn't "save" us any more than Huddersfield did when we done the double over them. They didn't save us today (yesterday) by beating Cardiff either - LOADS of teams have. Boiling the entire season down to our two fixtures and the one today at Cardiff is ridiculous. I'll no more thank Palace than I would any other team we took points from on our way to safety.

FFS, don't give them the satisfaction of believing that we only stayed up courtesy of that bunch of tragic lobotomised wibbling cackbadgers. Nobody saved us. We did it for ourselves.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It must leave a little bit of a sour taste knowing that we couldn't do it off our own back, right?
What? We got 35 points after 36 games, and 3 other teams won't manage 35 points all season, so yes we did it off our own back.
You make yourself look a bit of a dick lauding it up.
Glass half empty kinda guy huh.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Over 36 games, we've turned out to be slightly better than 3 other teams. Mission accomplished.
Indeed.

Palace didn't "save" us any more than Huddersfield did when we done the double over them. They didn't save us today (yesterday) by beating Cardiff either - LOADS of teams have. Boiling the entire season down to our two fixtures and the one today at Cardiff is ridiculous. I'll no more thank Palace than I would any other team we took points from on our way to safety.

FFS, don't give them the satisfaction of believing that we only stayed up courtesy of that bunch of tragic lobotomised wibbling cackbadgers. Nobody saved us. We did it for ourselves.
You've missed the joke.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Indeed.

You've missed the joke.

Hilarious I'm sure. But its not actually being used as a joke by some - especially those up the road, who do actually believe that they've done us a massive favour and saved our entire season for us. The goonsquad will be all over it.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Thought Palace looked very good going forward
We desperately need pace and more attacking intent if next season is to be more than grinding out survival by the skin of our teeth

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
So you’ve crawled over the line, congratulations .
You’ve got a massive summer coming up, least of all sticking or twist with Hughton.
If he stays, you will struggle again with those safety first tactics he employs, but you haven’t got the players to play any other way.
I’m sure I’ll get the usual responses back, but if you think you just need a bit of tweaking here and there, you are severely deluded, and your centre back pairing have been found out for their lack of pace.
Major overhaul needed, with PL ready players required, and your wage limit will have to rise considerably.
See you next season .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
You’ve got a massive summer coming up, least of all sticking or twist with Hughton.
If he stays, you will struggle again with those safety first tactics he employs, but you haven’t got the players to play any other way.
I’m sure I’ll get the usual responses back, but if you think you just need a bit of tweaking here and there, you are severely deluded, and your centre back pairing have been found out for their lack of pace.
Major overhaul needed, with PL ready players required, and your wage limit will have to rise considerably.
See you next season .

Thanks again for the 6 points to safety. :thumbsup:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
See you next season .

Good luck you're gonna need it when the big clubs come circling for Zaha and AWB, and the less said about your goalkeeping situation and defence the better, how many goals have you shipped in your last few games? As for Dunk and Duffy, you'd bite your own right hands off to have a pairing like that.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Good luck you're gonna need it when the big clubs come circling for Zaha and AWB, and the less said about your goalkeeping situation and defence the better, how many goals have you shipped in your last few games? As for Dunk and Duffy, you'd bite your own right hands off to have a pairing like that.

Unfortunately you have unwittingly displayed your lack of general football knowledge. Dann and Kelly have never been our first choice centreback partnership. If you truly believe we would swap out Tomkins and Sakho you are deluded. Big, big summer for you lot. The football you have served up has been an embarrassment to the premier league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here