Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thank you Graham Potter, just simply thank you.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In what seems like your brief time here on the south coast, you and the backroom team have given us some memorable moments, that i for one will enjoy and remember for the rest of my life. Arguably some of our biggest wins and against the best teams in the world in our history with a record breaking finish for us. A team now talked about & admired around the world, with a brand of football that is exciting beyond anything we could of dreamed of.

Thank you Graham, Billy and everyone else, you made a Sussex boy very happy.
I wish you every success in the future (just not at Chelsea) and knew this day would come (a bit early in the season mind), you deserve your shot at the big time.

If i was not 53 years old, i think i would shed a tear, at your departure.

https://youtu.be/m1gpfnnysGo

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Yes, thanks Graham. Now f*** off you greedy b**tard. :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Paul Barber in January spoke about treating staff and players well so that they might come back one day. Hopefully one day it turns out that way.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I thank him for what he's done, but I'm now hoping he fails miserably at Chelsea and that makes me feel
bad.

I'm exactly the same. I think I'm a nice-ish person but I instantly wanted Cucurella, Biss, White, Burn and Maupay to fail and I feel the same about Potter. I know it's not rational but I can't help but hope it all fails miserably.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I thank him for what he's done, but I'm now hoping he fails miserably at Chelsea and that makes me feel
bad.

When I was watching Cucurella and Bissouma play for their new clubs I was really hoping they'd be fantastic. Now that neither of them has set their respective World's alight, there is part of me that thinks good, now other players may be less inclined to leave. I want Potter to have a fantastic career, but not at Chelsea.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
In what seems like your brief time here on the south coast, you and the backroom team have given us some memorable moments, that i for one will enjoy and remember for the rest of my life. Arguably some of our biggest wins and against the best teams in the world in our history with a record breaking finish for us. A team now talked about & admired around the world, with a brand of football that is exciting beyond anything we could of dreamed of.

I wish you every success in the future and knew this day would come, you deserve your shot at the big time.

Agree with all that except the ‘every success’ part. Too soon to be wishing that. **** him. Even though I’d do exactly the same in his position.

BHAFC132

Mar 17, 2019
All that he had here and he leaves at first opportunity. What a greedy guy. Hope he fails miserably Amat Chelsea. Will always love what he did here but didn’t expect this

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He’s obviously doing what is best for him and his family, that is where his loyalty lies and it’s the same for all of us when it comes to work/life.

That said this hurts, it really feels as though we could have had a very special season and now that has been ripped from us. I’d have loved for him to have turned down Chelsea and see what he could have achieved in one final season here he’d have more than Chelsea to choose from then. I hope he’s given the time by the new Chelsea board that Bloom gave him here, you can’t turn a footballing philosophy around in a few months, maybe this is the first sign of a big 6 club looking at Brighton and saying that’s how things should be done, and the main factor in how things are done here is Tony Bloom so we will be ok, but right now it hurts.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

I wish you every success in the future and knew this day would come, you deserve your shot at the big time.

This will still stand even if he doesn't take the Chelsea job ;)))

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I don't think this is his first opportunity to leave.

Ultimately, he has done a very good job at our club. Our best ever Premier League season last season and one hell of a start to this one. His tenure has been a real success for the football club, thank you Graham and good luck with the rest of your career.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yes, thanks for some great memories. Same as Hughton, Garcia, Poyet, Slade, Taylor, Adams, Gritt, Brady, Lloyd. He's not the messiah though, so no crying about it thanks. Looking forward to the next man/woman.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Agreed. Brilliant sentiment.

I would also like to say that I don't believe his decision was primarily based on money. Chelsea can offer an ambitious manager far more than we can and he would have been a fool not to take this opportunity.

Especially given the talk of a new kind of owner at Chelsea offering something more long term. Apparently this is the Dodgers model in the US.

The king is gone, long live the king.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The question will be when Chelsea bought Cucurella and Potter, did they buy a player and a coach or did they buy the philosophy ?

I suspect it will take a couple of years to find out which they went for ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here