[Albion] Thank you (Charlton Fan)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pickles

May 5, 2014
From my point of view you are NOT being asset stripped. This is not a change of articles of association so the chairman can benefit from the sale of the ground.

This is not blackpool. I see it as someone who wants to live within their means but wont spend spend spend (boo hoo) because you lot think you have a god given right because you were in the prem -see reading, fulham, pompey, bradford, wigan. You wanted Curbs out because you were getting fed up of top 10 finishes thinking you should be higher.

And never forget not only trying to pinch our fans when we were at gillingham but also trying to take gillinghams fans as well and when we REALLY ****ing needed the money bidding 50k for John Robinson when you sold Rob Lee for 700k. This was when tribunals favoured the buying team. 75k. Thank god a few months later Wilkinson bought Beeney.

Karma is a bitch.

Well said.

I love you matey, from an internet thing , obviously.

Get back on The Albion Roar soon and show up that dullard that's not Adie.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
It doesn't appear to be asset stripping and appears to be an ownership that wants the club to exist within it's means.

But (and it's a big but) they are quite obvioiusly rubbish at runnig a football club. They have failed and the supporters have very right to tell them to **** off.

Exactlly.

This is nothing like we endured.
However, I wish them well none the less.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
I told myself not to come back here because you probably would prefer to focus on the excitement of the coming matches.
However on the asset stripping thing what is happening is that the owner is loading the club with virtually unsustainable debt, racked higher and higher by his wanton recklessness. It would be a different scenario (although bad enough) if he was actually paying some of his own money into the club.
I don't know the definition of asset stripping, but when he bogs off, our debt will be huge, and all of our assets will have to be stripped out to pay that debt.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Me too. Had to empty my pockets of my balloons as well. I swear to God I'm a magnet for being searched.

Even had to show my ticket to get into the Antigallican at 12.15. Perhaps it's my bald head and big build. I hate being stereotyped.

Hooligan!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I told myself not to come back here because you probably would prefer to focus on the excitement of the coming matches.
However on the asset stripping thing what is happening is that the owner is loading the club with virtually unsustainable debt, racked higher and higher by his wanton recklessness. It would be a different scenario (although bad enough) if he was actually paying some of his own money into the club.
I don't know the definition of asset stripping, but when he bogs off, our debt will be huge, and all of our assets will have to be stripped out to pay that debt.

I'll do a bit more reading to get a clearer picture. Fans are usually right. It is a different scenario but this cross ownership of clubs - I'm hugely suspicious of.

Charlton fans who supported us probably weren't 100% over the nitty gritty but it shouldn't matter. You have my support.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

You're not being asset stripped.

If you were you'd have an extra 1500 or so Albion marching with you.

As I said before, I genuinely hope that you get rid..

Stig CAFC

Apr 23, 2016
I'd just like to say thank you to all the Brighton fans who supported the protests today. I though you were all sheer class. Here's to you doing well in the Premiership. I, for one, will certainly be looking out to see how you get on; It would be marvellous if you could get Palace relegated.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
To those who went to the game today, thank you so much for your support on our campaign to get Roland out of our club.

I hope you go up this season so you can smash the Palace.

Anyway, we still hate Palace more than you :thumbsup:

1 Couldn't make the game but am Fans United on the MESS you are subject to
2 Cheers Mush, that will hopefully happen
3 I doubt it :)

I suppose we would not run transport to home games from Kent???

Do we advertise this on billboards outside stations in the town/city of clubs who are on their knees?

If the answer is yes then I'll retract everything, if no then you really are missing the point.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Me too. Had to empty my pockets of my balloons as well. I swear to God I'm a magnet for being searched.

Even had to show my ticket to get into the Antigallican at 12.15. Perhaps it's my bald head and big build. I hate being stereotyped.

I would have claimed I didn't have a ticket, that has to be the absolute WORST boozer I have ever been in, twice!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do we advertise this on billboards outside stations in the town/city of clubs who are on their knees?

If the answer is yes then I'll retract everything, if no then you really are missing the point.

Their fans weren't responsible for that were they. Those within the club responsible for that are most likely long gone. I don't see what this has to do with solidarity with their fans?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

No, it's you who is missing the point. You and a (mercifully) few others don't seem to be able to separate the action of club management from that of the fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, it was upsetting seeing coaches for Charlton in Sussex in the gory years, but don't forget there were more Charlton fans than any other club in the original Fans United at the Goldstone. They helped us against Archer & Bellotti.

Good luck Charlton.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
It was great to March together with real fans sticking up for their club and future. Thanks for not messing up the game for us and cheers to the Fans who bought us beers in the Royal Oak afterwards!

As I've said before don't listen to the few thick trolls on here - most smart Brighton fans are right with you.

Fans United - We want Roland out!!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
To those who went to the game today, thank you so much for your support on our campaign to get Roland out of our club.

Hi I am a Burnley fan. We think Charlton are rubbish and deserve the owners they have. You can't play for toffee and we look forward to scoring 10 against you in the last game.

Regards Neanderthal Northerner.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

If you could park the bus and defend your set pieces against Burnley then we'll take promotion and smash Palace on your behalf next season

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

As others have said, it is really not that difficult to grasp. Charlton management were involved in that. They put the ads up. Today was about Charlton fans who had no involvement in it whatsoever. Why ruin this thread with pathetic comments like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports