Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thank God we had a good start

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Or we could be in real trouble

First 7 games won 5 drew 1 lost 1

last 22 won 5 drew 11 lost 6

This league is so strong we are among a group of 21 teams that can beat any team on their day Barnsley,Bristol City and Peterborough being the 3 weak teams that will go down we could finish any where from 6th to 16th and to be honest that will be a good season.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Which suggests to me that we are not goo enough this term. Think next year will be our last chance with a Poyet built squad. Whether he and the likes of Bridcutt/Bridge/CMS & Bruno will be there are another matter

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Which suggests to me that we are not goo enough this term. Think next year will be our last chance with a Poyet built squad. Whether he and the likes of Bridcutt/Bridge/CMS & Bruno will be there are another matter

A Poyet built squad. That's something to look forward to then. 1 up front all the time - I can't wait.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So basically its a tough division and we're not going to walk it? Hmm... Hadn't considered that we might not get it all our own way. :shrug:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A Poyet built squad. That's something to look forward to then. 1 up front all the time - I can't wait.

Yes. Why that never seems to change when it is blindingly obvious IMO is beyond me. Let's play our £4/5m worth of strikers together. Just a wild idea I guess

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
At half time on the Palace board exactly those 'Thank god we had a good start' comments were being posted about their team. You do the math!

kip

Aug 2, 2011
We will get the 'look how far we've come' lecture next
I can remember when we were at the foot of the football league for 2 seasons running, saved by that famous Hereford match one year and by the shittiest football team ever the next. Didn't Doncaster field some fat goalie who was a friend of the chairman or something like that? Oh how far we've come

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
Baffles me that people say a 'squad of this class/quality' we basically have a load of players that aren't good enough to play at the level we are trying to get too!! Hence we are 8th probably where we will end up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here