Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thailand

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm off to Thailand in June and am turning to the wisdom of NSC for recommendations of things to do and see. We are planning to spend time in Ko Samui and Bangkok amongst other places. Any tips? (Apart from 'check out the ladyboys) ???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Tips:
Go to Koh Phangan for a full moon party*
Do not go to Koh Phangan for a fullmoon party**

*If you’re 18
**If you’re not 18

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Suggest only 2 or 3 days in Bankok. Very hot ,smelly humid. See the palaces and boat markets etc. We then went hilll tribe trekking in the north and then island hopping in the South. Best holiday ever. Went with Explore . Suggest get a brochure and get ideas. Good luck.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Spent a good few months over there last year, best time of my life.

Bangkok - Amazing city, so much to see like the grand palace, the laying buddah and hundreds of other temples (they do get a bit samey after a while.) I would recommend visiting the floating market which is a real experience, the food there is unreal. Amazing night life, Koh San Road is crazy, clubs/pubs/bars everywhere. A lot of prosititues and sex shows, but they can be quite funny. (we put a prostitute into our mates room while he was asleep, he woke up so confused.) After a few days though we left, had partied too hard and headed towards the south islands

Koh Tao - My favourite place in all of Thailand, beautiful, peaceful beaches, amazing fire shows on the beach at night, Restaurants are right on the beach over looking the ocean, amazing food as well. Koh Tao is the cheapest place in the world to Scube Dive as well, did a couple of extra courses and had some amazing dives! Then at night, theres a few bars and clubs, but that isnt what Koh Tao is about, its all about chilling. p.s. Obviously this isnt for everyone, but there is a really cool bar halfway up this mountain called Sky Bar, you can buy weed and beers and lay in hammocks overlooking the bay, its pretty epic.

Koh Pang Yang - famous for the full moon party, was the best/biggest/craziest/amazing party i have ever been to.....more of a party island than anything else though

Chang Mai - North Thailand, but such a brilliant city and its close to the jungle, where you can zip wire through the jungle canopies and live in the trees for a couple of days (you should see the size of the tree houses) and you can take a couple of days treck through the jungle on elephants, had an amazing time there.

I could go on and on and on, but i have to get back to work ha.

All i can say is, your going to love it.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Spent a good few months over there last year, best time of my life.

Bangkok - Amazing city, so much to see like the grand palace, the laying buddah and hundreds of other temples (they do get a bit samey after a while.) I would recommend visiting the floating market which is a real experience, the food there is unreal. Amazing night life, Koh San Road is crazy, clubs/pubs/bars everywhere. A lot of prosititues and sex shows, but they can be quite funny. (we put a prostitute into our mates room while he was asleep, he woke up so confused.) After a few days though we left, had partied too hard and headed towards the south islands

Koh Tao - My favourite place in all of Thailand, beautiful, peaceful beaches, amazing fire shows on the beach at night, Restaurants are right on the beach over looking the ocean, amazing food as well. Koh Tao is the cheapest place in the world to Scube Dive as well, did a couple of extra courses and had some amazing dives! Then at night, theres a few bars and clubs, but that isnt what Koh Tao is about, its all about chilling. p.s. Obviously this isnt for everyone, but there is a really cool bar halfway up this mountain called Sky Bar, you can buy weed and beers and lay in hammocks overlooking the bay, its pretty epic.

Koh Pang Yang - famous for the full moon party, was the best/biggest/craziest/amazing party i have ever been to.....more of a party island than anything else though

Chang Mai - North Thailand, but such a brilliant city and its close to the jungle, where you can zip wire through the jungle canopies and live in the trees for a couple of days (you should see the size of the tree houses) and you can take a couple of days treck through the jungle on elephants, had an amazing time there.

I could go on and on and on, but i have to get back to work ha.

All i can say is, your going to love it.

Thanks for the advice, will definitely check out some of those places. Koh Tao sounds amazing!

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Tips:
Go to Koh Phangan for a full moon party*
Do not go to Koh Phangan for a fullmoon party**

*If you’re 18
**If you’re not 18

Well I am 27 and going with three lads my age who are looking to go. Not too fussed about it myself to be honest!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I shall be consulting my lawyer immediately

Too late the truth is out there unless your SNOUT can keep a lid on this FACT

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Well I am 27 and going with three lads my age who are looking to go. Not too fussed about it myself to be honest!

Ignore my earlier snarkiness - Full Moon on Phangan is actually really brilliant, especially for a bunch of lads. Have a great time.

My advice would be to forego the train/bus there. People will go on about the journey being better than the destination, and that you'll get to see the real Thailand etc, but it takes a whole day, and the fact is that for £50 you can fly it in an hour and spend the rest of the day on the beach drinking Singha with randy Danish birds.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Ignore my earlier snarkiness - Full Moon on Phangan is actually really brilliant, especially for a bunch of lads. Have a great time.

My advice would be to forego the train/bus there. People will go on about the journey being better than the destination, and that you'll get to see the real Thailand etc, but it takes a whole day, and the fact is that for £50 you can fly it in an hour and spend the rest of the day on the beach drinking Singha with randy Danish birds.

Sounds good to me!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Don't go to Pattaya, Phuket or Samui (If you must PLEASE do not think it is Thailand, It may aswell be Zante/Benidorm etc)

Head to Ko Phi Phi (Very touresty) but worth it for the surrounding islands, It's a funky little island in which there is no motorised vehicles at all just push bikes etc.

Also if your heading to the Full moon it is great although now fenced off and paid entry (Unless you get speaking to a guy with a long tail boat) Book hotel/Dorm etc EARLY do not arrive on full moon day expecting to find a room.

Then head north, Chang Mi, Pai etc.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
How the Full Moon sounds to have changed. When I went there on honeymoon in '96 we caught a boat from Bo Phut and it moored off the beach, some people swam for it while the rest got ferried in by the long tail boats and then we just partied HARD on the beach throughout the night and caught the big boat back the following morning. Cue the amused smiles from the hotel waiters as me and the missus stumbled to the breakfast table in clubbing gear with big grins....

Fantastic...

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Last time I went there I met this stunning looking brunette in a bar.

I was having a drink with her, and I kept thinking to myself, please don't get an erection.

But she did.

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
Would recommend giving Ko Samui a miss as it's overly touristy.

Head to Ko Tao instead - and definitely go to Chiang Mai in the north. Amazing city and so much to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here