Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TFI returns tonight

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I liked it. Could have done without the top gear audition, but it was good fun. Nearly spoilt it by giving Nick grimshaw air time, bloke is a .... and definably not a future host.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I'm gutted, I was looking forward to this so much, but as I was working last night I missed it, and its not on 4OD or my usual download sites. Can anyone point me in the direction where I can see it again ( I know its repeated next week but I will miss it as working again).

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I liked it. Could have done without the top gear audition, but it was good fun. Nearly spoilt it by giving Nick grimshaw air time, bloke is a .... and definably not a future host.

Grimshaw, Hamilton and that crap band fronted by a 12 year old (Year on Year?) were the only low points in an otherwise great show.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I'm gutted, I was looking forward to this so much, but as I was working last night I missed it, and its not on 4OD or my usual download sites. Can anyone point me in the direction where I can see it again ( I know its repeated next week but I will miss it as working again).

Forget that, it has now been put up on 4OD :D

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Reef's "come back brighter" song bring destroyed by it's replication in the "its your letters" section.

Am I the only one finding the amount of "in your letters" singing bits just very sad?

Quite of lot of talk about TFI on my social media feeds, so why the 'look at me' tag here?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Well it won't be as good as before, but I'm interested to see I they replicate for nostalgia or innovate around the past themes.

Reef's "come back brighter" song bring destroyed by it's replication in the "its your letters" .

It was Place Your Hands by reef

Anyway, really enjoyed the show apart from the Lewis Hamilton / car stuff at the end . Shaun Ryder definitely mellowed , but as he said he was off his face 20 years ago

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was a brilliant show back in its day, and the prelude to many a night out for me. Looking forward to watching this new run through.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Was a brilliant show back in its day, and the prelude to many a night out for me. Looking forward to watching this new run through.

Why the thumbs down?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Why the thumbs down?

Seriously? You start by saying that it was a brilliant show back in its day and go on to say that it was the prelude to many a night out for you, then go on to say that you're looking foward to watching this new run!

I mean how exactly did you expect people to react to that? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seriously? You start by saying that it was a brilliant show back in its day and go on to say that it was the prelude to many a night out for you, then go on to say that you're looking foward to watching this new run!

I mean how exactly did you expect people to react to that? ???

I wasn't expecting any reaction to be honest. I'm genuinely puzzled.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Was good fun. Enjoyed it although Lewis Hamilton is a bit dull.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Just made me feel really old. 80s nostalgia I can deal with, but the 90s as nostalgia. Nah that's scary. Watched it with my mum who is the same age as roger daltrey and I am sure I felt worse looking at how Liam has got on.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just made me feel really old. 80s nostalgia I can deal with, but the 90s as nostalgia. Nah that's scary. Watched it with my mum who is the same age as roger daltrey and I am sure I felt worse looking at how Liam has got on.

Very much so.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Switched on just before Lewis Hamilton came onand stayed for a while. Just reminded me why I never watched it before. Boring TV then and dated and boring now. Just don't like the format.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Switched on just before Lewis Hamilton came onand stayed for a while. Just reminded me why I never watched it before. Boring TV then and dated and boring now. Just don't like the format.

Must be seen in the context of the cocaine fuelled 90s - short manic skits, limited audience concentration span...in fact pretty much like today really, gawd knows where we'll be in 30 years time - programmes that only last 2 minutes in duration because that's all anyone can cope with....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

There was another show on last night about the 90s ( found it by chance while channel hopping ). It somewhat put the willies up me that I could remember most of the things mentioned as if it were yesterday yet they were 20+ years ago :(

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As a one off it worked if it was to come back as a regular series it would tail off rapidly and if that **** Grimshaw took over it would not even get out of the hanger.
Too many look at me matey celebs which would getting very annoying very quickly thanks for the final show but let it rest now.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Must be seen in the context of the cocaine fuelled 90s - short manic skits, limited audience concentration span...in fact pretty much like today really, gawd knows where we'll be in 30 years time - programmes that only last 2 minutes in duration because that's all anyone can cope with....

If you go on 4oD, they do have "short" programmes now but at 3 minute duration's

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here