Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Texeira

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm maybe Sami has coached all the footballing ability out of him.

Or

The other teams scouts, who get paid too, report back words to the effect of:-

'To stop the Albion's creativity, you need to stop Texeira the moment the ball arrives at his feet'.
'Do that and they have nothing going forward'.

But please don't let standard football practice get in the way of a perfectly good hypothetical witch hunt of a young footballer.
Or a manager who has screwed up enough actual situations, to fill NSC 5 times over.
Let's kill'em both with guess work.

I wouldn't be surprised when he's older, smarter, bigger, tougher, and has learned to get his head up and pass, Tex may well be an excellent player.
He just ain't there yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Definitley Birmingham, I was there and it was the only high spot of the sort of clueless performance that has become the norm. He came on as a sub and looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. You may have a point re him being targeted though.

Absolutely - St. Andrews that day was an embarrassing place to be an Albion fan; they were sh1t, but we were even sh1tter, both playing some of the worst head tennis I'd seen for years.

Tex came on like a ray of sunlight in a very dark place - the only chink of light on that day. Pity we haven't found a way to use him (decent teams can protect a 'lightweight' player, although based on his Birmingham performance he isn't anywhere near as 'lightweight' as he has now come to seem in our hopeless sea of ineptitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here