Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teun Koopmeiners

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brighton and Hove Albion coach Roberto De Zerbi has reportedly set his sights on Atalanta midfielder Teun Koopmeiners, who is also wanted by Napoli, Juventus and Inter.

The Dutch international is hot property on the transfer market this summer and could well leave Bergamo just two years after his €14m move from AZ Alkmaar.

His value has since comfortably doubled, especially following a very prolific campaign in which he scored 10 goals and provided four assists in 33 Serie A games for Atalanta.\

h/t to @Swansman who called him as a potential midfield recruit for us a while back here: https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/predicting-future-signings.399572/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Why would a regular first team player at Atalanta leave to play for us unless he is surplus to requirements ? I'll go with Post 2 and file under 'Tosh' until I hear otherwise.

Only my TOSH file is getting a lot bigger at the moment.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why would a regular first team player at Atalanta leave to play for us unless he is surplus to requirements ? I'll go with Post 2 and file under 'Tosh' until I hear otherwise.

I wonder if it could possibly be the same reason that Champions League semi-finalist Pervis Estupinan joined us, namely the Premier League pays a lot more than any other league in the world.

Atalanta total wage bill for 2023 is:
  • £37,720,280 per year
  • £725,390 per week
  • Teun Koopmeiners - £29,000 per week.
Yes, it might be that.

(That's not to say he will join, of course, but a move from Atlanta to the Albion will bring a hefty pay rise with it)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I wonder if it could possibly be the same reason that Champions League semi-finalist Pervis Estupinan joined us, namely the Premier League pays a lot more than any other league in the world.

• £37,720,280 per year
  • £725,390 per week
Yes, it might be that.

(That's not to say he will join, of course, but a move from Atlanta to the Albion will bring a hefty pay rise with it)
Forgive me, I still have a 'small club' mentality.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Worth noting we're also being linked with Mohammed Kudus in that piece. 11 goals from 19 starts (and 11 sub appearances) in the Eredivisie and four goals in five Champions League starts for Ajax last season. 24 caps and 7 goals for Ghana at 22, plays up top, centre mid and right wing.

Both very interesting propositions.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can't see either joining .... Far bigger fish will be bidding. These feel like de zerbi targets ....aiming high.

Kudus a little overrated

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

RDZ is from Brescia and has gone on record as admitting how much he hates Atalanta!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Worth noting we're also being linked with Mohammed Kudus in that piece. 11 goals from 19 starts (and 11 sub appearances) in the Eredivisie and four goals in five Champions League starts for Ajax last season. 24 caps and 7 goals for Ghana at 22, plays up top, centre mid and right wing.

Both very interesting propositions.
He was one of the most exciting players at the World Cup in my opinion. Looked the best player on the pitch every time I saw Ghana play.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
RDZ is from Brescia and has gone on record as admitting how much he hates Atalanta!
That was indeed written about around the time we played Palace! He totally gets local derby animosity!
but I would think he’s too professional to let that get in the way of a player he admires or wants.
There might even be an added frisson of nicking one of their best players!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Fingers crossed there is something in this rumour.

This guy is really intelligent, as he showed with his cute last minute free kick against Argentina. Most players would have shot on goal in that situation.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

• £37,720,280 per year
  • £725,390 per week
Yes, it might be that.

Bit of an aside: If we have any ambition of becoming regular features in European football, we need to be looking at clubs like Atalanta and Villarreal as inspiration. These are provincial clubs from small cities which routinely punch above their weight thanks to clever investment and good management.

It can be done, but it’s more difficult in England than Spain and Italy because of the amount of money swilling around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here