Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Test Tube Babies in Dick's Bar/Dark Star beer news

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
but if it was suggested bands for youngsters it would shouted down by the real ale drinking lardos,falmer for all but live bands for over18 real ale drinking middle aged men! Sorry i forgot fbs concert for the kids! Will you be having face painting in dicks over 18 bar!FALMER FOR ALL?:moo:

I know you're taking the piss but there is an element of truth in this of course. Dick's Bar, and any music put on there, is for everyone: that's certainly what I envisaged when (to be honest) I was digging my heels in with certain elements of the Board who questioned whether we needed a supporters' bar in addition to the concourse facilities.
There is no reason not to have a complete cross section of people in there, and a musical cross section too, the only criterion being that at least some of the band playing are Albion fans. The offer's there: people have to respond to it. So far the only ones who have (apart from 2 Choices) are old punk rock gits. (They are young punk rock gits I guess :) ) There's no reason we can't have anything from DJs to grime to death metal in there.......

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair Rev Attila said as much when the Piranhas played, he asked for people to come forward whatever the music/dj preference.

I reckon TLO or the Funktunes chaps should do SOUL nite.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I presume that Elvis is STILL dead!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
More importantly... any news on the Hop Head? Is it ever going to be available on the concourses... or has that idea been ditched?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
More importantly... any news on the Hop Head? Is it ever going to be available on the concourses... or has that idea been ditched?

Its been mentioned before, Dark Star is named after dead head hippie stuff, they operate on a solar calander and things get done on their time zone. Sure the aim was to have hop head prior to Christmas (or burning the clocks)....but hey lifes a gas.

Don't hold your breath for Burnley think Derby...at home, will be all the better for the wait.

WAMA

Apr 3, 2011
Sitting in Hamburg airport enjoying a Weibier, great to see us get back to back victories while I've been here, got the guitars out and played acoustic version of Brighton March the other night, heckled by a few Cardiff fans on the Queen Mary 2 refit. Another victory tomorrow please lads, looking forward to Dick's Bar after. Met up with a few Brighton - Rangers fans on Tuesday, they were playing Hamburg. Lost 2-1. Good night thow, good comradary between the 2 teams.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sitting in Hamburg airport enjoying a Weibier, great to see us get back to back victories while I've been here, got the guitars out and played acoustic version of Brighton March the other night, heckled by a few Cardiff fans on the Queen Mary 2 refit. Another victory tomorrow please lads, looking forward to Dick's Bar after. Met up with a few Brighton - Rangers fans on Tuesday, they were playing Hamburg. Lost 2-1. Good night thow, good comradary between the 2 teams.

Have you left Little Legs holding the fort?

WAMA

Apr 3, 2011
Have you left Little Legs holding the fort?

Hee Hee, little legs was a nightmare! Pissed 24/7. Pissed me right off as we are trying to get it done. I only took him cause he makes me laugh. Bless him. C u tomoz, Mr????. x.

Ruggerk1

Oct 29, 2010
See u tomorrow lads, 3 points and a good evening to follow.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Going to watch Low at The Old Market Hove after the match. Totally different to the Test Tube Baby sound but more my type of thing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just heard 10 Dark Star outlets will be at the Amex on Saturday, selling Hophead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here