Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco Bargain Hunters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It doesn’t take much for the human race’s shared chimpanzee genes to rise to the surface. I thought seeing people going nuts on Black Friday was bad enoough, but reduced food in Tescos ???

Pure trash, Both the people filming it and the people doing it. Whatever happened to any sense of self-respect? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I used to do these reductions, thankfully not on the meat (people are ****ing mental when it comes to meat). It is usually right at the end of the day when the food is about to go past its sell by date so it's either being sold or chucked away, usually, the prices do remain relatively high as if the people doing the ordering have done their jobs properly there will be only a few left. But when they over order, there can sometimes be crates of the product left a day before the sell by date, that is when you see scenes like this.
But if there are crates of the product left, then there's plenty to go around and people don't need to scramble. There was a scramble because they knew the products would be priced too low. It's not rocket science for the supermarket to work out the right price based on how many they have left, such that it will roughly sell out by closing time, but not involve a mass scramble.

Jul 7, 2003
I saw this in my local Tesco this evening. There was a group of about a dozen people walking along an aisle in a group - I honestly thought that they were shielding someone who had been taken ill until they stopped and two Tesco staff managed to escape the scrum. It turned out that this was a battle for reduced fruit and veg. I'm told that the Sunday early closing battles are quite something to behold. Some people have no dignity.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I saw this in my local Tesco this evening. There was a group of about a dozen people walking along an aisle in a group - I honestly thought that they were shielding someone who had been taken ill until they stopped and two Tesco staff managed to escape the scrum. It turned out that this was a battle for reduced fruit and veg. I'm told that the Sunday early closing battles are quite something to behold. Some people have no dignity.

Or no money

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I don't because the ******* doing the reductions doesn't bother to check that the sticker is printing out properly and mostly leaves the original barcode uncovered. A ****ed up barcode means it wont scan plus the fact it has already scanned at full price which has to be voided off :angry:

Or it's on round things like apples and oranges so you have to peel the label off each item to scan them..

el punal

What a brilliant idea! Now the club can introduce something similar on match days. The last twenty odd Piglets pies put on the concourse floor and a steward telling fans to sit and beg . . . and wait for it . . . . wait for it . . . GO!! It certainly would be more entertaining than some of the dross we saw on the pitch last season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The first time I saw this in Tesco Worthing I couldn't believe my eyes at the behaviour of these people. Absolutely shameless.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Saw this yesterday in Tesco over in Shoreham at the big roundabout (holmbush centre)
Crazy to see. We all do love a bargain though. I wouldn't go that far though

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
But if there are crates of the product left, then there's plenty to go around and people don't need to scramble. There was a scramble because they knew the products would be priced too low. It's not rocket science for the supermarket to work out the right price based on how many they have left, such that it will roughly sell out by closing time, but not involve a mass scramble.
Most of the time they aren't reduced that low. the computer works out a price based on the amount of the item left that you enter in to it, which is usually around 20-30% off. These scrambles happen 30 minutes before the store closes/the end of the sell by date if it's a 24 hour store because if there is a lot left and the manager wants them shifted they reduce the price down to about 30%. You can't really blame the shop for the behaviour of these people, and when it comes to meat people will fight over something that is reduced by 10%.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
These scrambles happen 30 minutes before the store closes/the end of the sell by date if it's a 24 hour store because if there is a lot left and the manager wants them shifted they reduce the price down to about 30%. You can't really blame the shop for the behaviour of these people, and when it comes to meat people will fight over something that is reduced by 10%.
I do blame the shop. Joe public are idiots, it's up to the shop whether they want a scramble or not. If they don't want people in the shop fighting over some food, then it's easy to hand it out. I totally understand if the manager wants the stuff shifted, but it's still easy to see how many people are queuing, and how much stuff you've got, and then say to people 'it's x items each', and just pass them to the customers in turn, as an example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here