Terrier Day...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Great result for your lads last night - well done! Didn't get to watch it but 0-4 in an FA Cup Tie against anyone is excellent. No doubt that will have put you in confident mood for Saturdays important match against the Mighty Terriers.

I have to confess you were my pre-season tip for automatic promotion so I'm not surprised you're up there already. Not that we should get too carried away at this stage.

Saturdays game is a big one; win that and your lads will be well and truly on their way. To be fair we've blown hot and cold in home games, from a superb professional performance against Southampton, to a pitiful one against Bristol Rovers. It's soooo...frustrating.

I'll be nice to see your usually friendly and humorous supporters again, in good numbers no doubt, so if you want some pub and food advice just ask!

Regards

AceT (HTFC):D

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I plan to look in on my favourite Huddersfield watering hole, the Slubbers Arms, if my coach arrives in good time. Not too many places down here you can get Timothy Taylor's other than Landlord in good nick. Know of any decent chippies near the Galpharm? A bit of proper Yorkshire F and C would go down well if it's still as cold as it is today.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Is that Huddersfield website that did cartoons of matches still going?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
My first trip to Huddersfield, so a new ground for me and sounds like I am in for a good one, off the pitch anyway. Hopefully last night restored some confidence and belief, which has been lacking, but I'd still take a point.

Can we have a definitive list of good pubs? A few people have mentioned their favourotes. I like a good pint of Guinness, a bit of music, a bit of banter and a laugh, so where is best?!

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Depends what your definition of what's of a good pub/bar of course. I tend to go in the 'real ale' type places. So the two at Huddersfield Railway Station, 'The Head of Steam' and 'The Kings Head' are good for starters. Usually very busy but good banter and away fan friendly. Round the corner there's the Sportsman which has a brilliant range of beers and very good pub food (or so I'm told). 'The Slubbers', a Timothy Taylors pub, has already been mentioned.

Away fans always seem to enjoy the Gas Club, near the Stadium' which has very cheap beer and food. In the town there's a Wetherspoons that has the usual fair. 'The Rat and Ratchet' has won numerous awards form CAMERA but it's slightly off the beaten track.

Around the University area there's plenty of pubs of the 'Lager type', massive places with lots of pretty girls (if that's your thing!) If you want directions to any of these I'll provide - just ask!

AceT (HTFC):bigwave:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else on here go to the game there about 15/16 years ago, when they had just opened their new ground. Think we won, but what I remember most is when the game finished 'Udderfield supporters pelted us with snowballs inside the ground. Heardly threatening, but was funny at the time!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Depends what your definition of what's of a good pub/bar of course. I tend to go in the 'real ale' type places. So the two at Huddersfield Railway Station, 'The Head of Steam' and 'The Kings Head' are good for starters. Usually very busy but good banter and away fan friendly. Round the corner there's the Sportsman which has a brilliant range of beers and very good pub food (or so I'm told). 'The Slubbers', a Timothy Taylors pub, has already been mentioned.

Away fans always seem to enjoy the Gas Club, near the Stadium' which has very cheap beer and food. In the town there's a Wetherspoons that has the usual fair. 'The Rat and Ratchet' has won numerous awards form CAMERA but it's slightly off the beaten track.

Around the University area there's plenty of pubs of the 'Lager type', massive places with lots of pretty girls (if that's your thing!) If you want directions to any of these I'll provide - just ask!

AceT (HTFC):bigwave:

Cheers, sounds like a good choice of "battle cruisers". I shall look into the ones you've suggested further.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports