Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Most of the people in safe standing should be ashamed of themselves. Not a peep all game. Well done for trying to get something going WD

Ashamed? Posts like this really annoy me.

I was in the standing bit, joined in with a couple of chants. Shouted my head off and was firmly engrossed in the contest.

I don't need to be told how to behave at a football match and I'm not 'ashamed', and neither should anyone else be.

It's a football match, not an election.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why do people hate drums? If you think it's tinpot, trust me, that horse bolted when the words of our song was shown on screens, and people still don't know them. Plus, nearly all of the best atmospheres have drums, they're just played well.
I love drums. Drums are f***ing brilliant.

Drums being twatted by some twat at a football ground can f*** off.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I do think a dedicated seating section at away games should be made, especially since we can all choose our own seats now.
This problem was created when football stadiums went ‘all seater.’ In the old days people paid to stand or sit and others respected those choices. A dedicated seating section should be offered if there is a dedicated standing section.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a lot of moaning Minnies. Was in the gods in 546 and whilst there could have been more singing, it was great at times - especially gosbts before kick off. When you consider those fekkers are at Wembley every 3 months, we did a fine job. Gutted as I am, still got a lot of games of phenomenal footie to go. Also thought Utd were dull, their game plan seemed to be man to man high blocking and focused on stopping us play. Then lump it long.

I love drums. Drums are f***ing brilliant.

Drums being twatted by some twat at a football ground can f*** off.
Infinitely prefer drums to that infinitely irritating 'band' that always makes me set my telly to mute for England games

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ashamed? Posts like this really annoy me.

I was in the standing bit, joined in with a couple of chants. Shouted my head off and was firmly engrossed in the contest.

I don't need to be told how to behave at a football match and I'm not 'ashamed', and neither should anyone else be.

It's a football match, not an election.
I wrote that 30 mins or so after the last penalty so I probably wasn't thinking about careful phrasing.

However, I know where you were, I saw you and we were quite close. The atmosphere in that bit (135/6/7) was worse than any away game I've been to this season. Furthermore, we booked that block because we assumed that the proximity to the safe standing area would mean the atmosphere was decent. It wasn't. Lots and lots of folk in that bit who were there just to be there.

No surprise that both Enciso and Dunk had to try to get the crowd behind us at times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oi. I'm in my eighties and was up singing and shouting with my son and grandson. There were a lot of 40 year olds around us who did nothing except keep rushing to the toilets. All age groups have quiet ones.
Yep I'm 56 and have a very sore throat from singing and shouting. Almost all the 10 plus blokes somewhere in their twenties, in front of me, enjoyed the singing and shouting judging from their reactions but almost none joined in with the chants. And almost all of them left 5 minutes before half time and got back 5 minutes after the second half started. It's not age it's attitude.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Infinitely prefer drums to that infinitely irritating 'band' that always makes me set my telly to mute for England games
Yeah I'd take drums over that for sure.

Personally I like football noise to be organic. I'm always impressed by the orchestrated lunacy you see on the European terraces but it feels like for them the football is secondary to the experience. Which is odd to me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah I'd take drums over that for sure.

Personally I like football noise to be organic. I'm always impressed by the orchestrated lunacy you see on the European terraces but it feels like for them the football is secondary to the experience. Which is odd to me.
Tho not at all odd for all those kiddies living their Danny Dyer best life

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I had three lads from Israel sitting to my right who had no connection to either teams. They said they were at Wembley for the weekend and had come to the Manchester City v Sheffield Utd game the day before. Don't know how they got their tickets. They were chanting but it was in Hebrew so I didn't understand.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I wrote that 30 mins or so after the last penalty so I probably wasn't thinking about careful phrasing.

However, I know where you were, I saw you and we were quite close. The atmosphere in that bit (135/6/7) was worse than any away game I've been to this season. Furthermore, we booked that block because we assumed that the proximity to the safe standing area would mean the atmosphere was decent. It wasn't. Lots and lots of folk in that bit who were there just to be there.

No surprise that both Enciso and Dunk had to try to get the crowd behind us at times.

Like someone has mentioned, I prefer organic, original chants. All that shite, generic, 'dance' music blasted out yesterday was counter productive. Utter shit.

I've only been to four away games this season but I didn't think it was that bad in 136.

My dad was watching on TV and he said we sounded really loud.

So much moaning and whining on this thread. I'd waited 40 years to put one over those ****s at Wembley and was so so gutted after Solly's miss.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I was in block 543 the atmosphere was quite good there. It's difficult to get everyone to sing the same song around 38,000 people. You'd need someone with a megaphone and that would be really shit.
I swapped seats with a group of lads so they could be with their mates over the other side of the steps & one of them just wouldn't sit down. There was an elderly couple behind him, a bloke with a kid behind them, who went down to tell him to sit down & he still bloody wouldn't.
In my paranoia of my STH friend who got me a ticket getting a 20 year ban, I told him to sit down myself and got loads of grief from him, even after I'd pointed out that he's sitting in my seat. His mates got him to sit down eventually & one of them did come across at half time to apologise. But I still had to explain to him that he's sitting in the seat registered to my name (I pretended I was the STH) & it would be me that got banned if someone got the stewards involved. It didn't really register what I was saying because he just said they'd leave if the stewards came over!
Hopefully the guy that wouldn't sit down has made an appointment with his Dr this morning as he must have a bad urine infection. After half time he was 10 rows down for about 15 minutes & 1 or 2 of his mates down there took him to the toilet. When he came back I think his mates made it quite clear to him that if he kept standing they'd get their original 3 seats back. People just need to have awareness of the people behind them. If they're standing, stand, if not don't be a selfish twat and sit down. 1st thing I did when the penalties started was to check people behind me were standing, as they were, we stood up as well! It's not rocket science to work out that if you stand for the whole game, people behind you can't see! 🤦‍♀️
I'm saying this as someone who voted for safe standing at the Amex & who would've liked to have gone in the standing area at Wembley.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My brother and I have had to stop going to away games as we’ve both had serious heart problems and are simply unable to stand for 90 minutes. Fortunately we’ve both been season ticket holders during the whole of the Amex era and were therefore in the priority 2 section for buying tickets.

We chose seats in the middle tier as close to the front, (row 2), as possible. Right in front of us in the front row was an individual who was either standing, sitting on the back of his seat or leaning over the wall shouting insults at the United players and fans as though he thought they could hear him. When asked to sit down he replied, “stand up for f&*^’s sake.

Yes if you can’t or don’t want to stand all game select appropriate seats but likewise if you do then don’t select seats where you’re going to block the view for other fans. Standing up and being obnoxious to others doesn’t make you a better fan, it just makes you a “cock”.

Whilst I’m a big supporter of safe standing at stadiums I’d like to see seating only areas at away games which were strictly enforced, so that people like myself could once more enjoy travelling away and supporting the Seagulls.
Think I was sitting across the steps near you, he was up and down like a Jack in the box hollering at the United players when they had been fouled.
He didn’t seem to be trying to sing or support our team in any way.
I saw someone behind him tell him to sit down.
Not sure why he kept standing up when he had a fantastic view in the front row, I honestly didn’t expect to stand up in that section.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sat in 529, it could've been worse but same as a few others- lots of day-trippers and people shouting at others to sit down, even during penalties, but expected it really.

What actually f***ed me off was the young blokes in the middle of our row and the rows in front 'going to the toilet' every f***ing two minutes and the people that came back for the second half in a steady stream over the course of around 20 mins into the second half. Bloody annoying. One group of blokes went out at least six times while the game was going on. They also came back for the second half 10 mins late then left again literally two minutes later.

Weirdly, there was a topless guy going nuts and shouting back at the crowd. I thought he was trying to get some atmosphere going but turned out he was trying to start a Mexican wave :ffsparr:

Looking forward to some semblance of normality back at the Amex on Saturday...

Boxpark was a great laugh on the plus side.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I was in block 543 the atmosphere was quite good there. It's difficult to get everyone to sing the same song around 38,000 people. You'd need someone with a megaphone and that would be really shit.
I swapped seats with a group of lads so they could be with their mates over the other side of the steps & one of them just wouldn't sit down. There was an elderly couple behind him, a bloke with a kid behind them, who went down to tell him to sit down & he still bloody wouldn't.
In my paranoia of my STH friend who got me a ticket getting a 20 year ban, I told him to sit down myself and got loads of grief from him, even after I'd pointed out that he's sitting in my seat. His mates got him to sit down eventually & one of them did come across at half time to apologise. But I still had to explain to him that he's sitting in the seat registered to my name (I pretended I was the STH) & it would be me that got banned if someone got the stewards involved. It didn't really register what I was saying because he just said they'd leave if the stewards came over!
Hopefully the guy that wouldn't sit down has made an appointment with his Dr this morning as he must have a bad urine infection. After half time he was 10 rows down for about 15 minutes & 1 or 2 of his mates down there took him to the toilet. When he came back I think his mates made it quite clear to him that if he kept standing they'd get their original 3 seats back. People just need to have awareness of the people behind them. If they're standing, stand, if not don't be a selfish twat and sit down. 1st thing I did when the penalties started was to check people behind me were standing, as they were, we stood up as well! It's not rocket science to work out that if you stand for the whole game, people behind you can't see! 🤦‍♀️
I'm saying this as someone who voted for safe standing at the Amex & who would've liked to have gone in the standing area at Wembley.
I recall exactly the same sort of comments after the semi final in 2019. At home matches the standers are largely to be found in the NS -fair enough -but on occasions such as this, they are inevitably spread around, and then drink comes into the equation.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Having gone expecting to be charged ridiculous prices for rubbish lager (which certainly was on offer) I was pleasantly surprised to find two gin-and-craft-beer stands where the prices were a little high but not wildly out of line with what you can pay in London or Brighton pubs. Service was cheerful and the queues moved quickly. The one near block 535 also had a real ale stand next to it.

And I appreciated the upper tier having a single continuous concourse so I could wander along before the game and meet friends who had tickets in other blocks.

That's all I can muster in defence of the Wembley experience. Getting in, getting out, that whole area around the stadium: terrible.

I was also in a little 'square' with Gin, Craft beer, Real Ale and various food stands watching the Newcastle/Spurs match and enjoyed good beer at what I thought was a reasonable price. It was also surprisingly unpacked, particularly when compared to trying to walk back along the packed concourse around huge queues at the shit beer stands to get to our block/seats. Really strange and without doubt, the best part of the Wembley 'experience'.

And for the first time ever, getting a coach. I've now reached the age, where after a few beers and 120 minutes of tension, a nice kip in a comfy seat on the way home is worth paying for :wink:

When were you last there ?
why would it concern you..?

You were telling us about your experience of Wembley and I simply enquired as to when you were talking about. No worries :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

As I said earlier in the thread, there were some dickheads at the front of the safe standing spoiling the view for quite a few of us. I don’t mean a flag being waved, literally a big banner being held directly in front of our faces for a lot of the game.

It certainly killed off any potential atmosphere for those in the eye line of those bellends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here