Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Terrible support, terrible facilities, terrible day.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Be even more going to Newcastle........... Oh
There's a rush for tickets now as it's such a meaningful game, or maybe not!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sorry - I'm not correcting you on 2019. We were lower tier (132, I think) and did stand throughout. I have no idea what the deal was in the upper tier.

I was just highlighting the difference in United/Albion fans yesterday with United fans, at least in part, all standing in the upper tier, but I couldn't see any of that in the upper tier in the Albion sections.

Bad memory, Can't read messages on a forum properly.

I'll definitely be starting the "Can anyone recommend a decent Nursing home" thread soon.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Actually I really think we may be being a bit hard on ourselves. I'm torturing myself by watching the game again on BBC and we sound pretty good. Particularly from soon after the start of the 2nd when we have that really good spell and I remember that being great in the stadium. Anyway looking forward to forest on weds. Onwards and upwards

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because of some ticketing jiggery pokery, I was high up in block 550 and everyone sat. I was surprised when I glanced to my left half-way through the first half to see the United fans in the upper tier just beyond the stewarding line were all standing.

In fact, just before the game some drunk bloke came in by himself and then told the people behind him that he was going to stand all game, and they just had to deal with it. They said that wasn't particularly fair on those behind him, after which he became abusive to those around him. He followed this up by telling the same people he would recognise "real fans" and they weren't. They were.

In the end some stewards came along and found him a seat elsewhere, as it was very obviously going to end with blows being exchanged had he remained where he was.
You were just along from me, I was 546. I noted their entire end standing. We're just a different demographic of fans I think. We got a couple of corners in the final moments of normal time and people had just stood in the excitement and someone shouted 'sit down' from behind us. It's just Sussex isn't it really, I think if truth be told we're a funny old bunch when you have a good look around...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wembley's probably the worst "big event" venue in the whole country. Expensive, in a shitty, inconvenient area, staffed by numpties, laid out appallingly.

I'd much rather we'd have played it at Arsenal's ground and only got 30,000 tickets TBH.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You were just along from me, I was 546. I noted their entire end standing. We're just a different demographic of fans I think. We got a couple of corners in the final moments of normal time and people had just stood in the excitement and someone shouted 'sit down' from behind us. It's just Sussex isn't it really, I think if truth be told we're a funny old bunch when you have a good look around...
While that's true i was literally 3 seats from the United separation and while they were all standing they were absolutely quiet there. Totally silent and patently day trippers. The only real difference was the sitting / standing.

Being on the half way line was quite telling acoustics wise. United made constant noise but it was really low level and messy. It sounded like it was being piped in through a PA. It reminded me of digitally generated crowd noise from old Playstation games. Only songs that had any coherence and volume were WE WANT GLAZERS out. And their song about an Irish man assaulting a packet of crisps.

Brighton crowd were slightly quieter with Booming 'Albion's occassionally and then really noisy at the end.

I heard one solly march and one Alvin and the Chipmunks' GOSBTS

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
i expect to get flamed for this but we have too many old farts .....i'm 57 but i get involved at the football, too many people who wouldn't get involved in a chant/song if their life depended on it , in a word ....lightweight.
Oi. I'm in my eighties and was up singing and shouting with my son and grandson. There were a lot of 40 year olds around us who did nothing except keep rushing to the toilets. All age groups have quiet ones.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
80% (at least) of the AMEX sits down. Transport all of those people to Wembley and you have to ask "what's all that about" when 80% of those people sit down?

In the block we were in (lower tier) were all priority 1 season ticket holders, as it sold out straight away. Everyone sat for the majority of the game.

It gives the lie to eveyone repeatedly telling us that "everyone" wants to stand at away games. We just have to because those in rows in front of us stand.
We're all season ticket holders (5 of us) so we're priority 1. We deliberately went for lower tier, but back row so we could stand for the whole game if we wanted

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
£30 view from 546, groupsave on the train was £15 each. I was happy about that at least…

D9E8A79A-26CB-4A45-83E3-62DCE165FC8B.jpeg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So only people with the right CV are allowed to go to Brighton games ... OK then ... and certainly not old duffers who like to support their team in their own way :shrug:
not really sure what you mean by that mate ......it was an FA cup semi final , we had 120 minutes of glory and there were an awful lot of people just sat there silent , sure it's lovely to go and watch your team at Wembley but get involved ffs....

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
not really sure what you mean by that mate ......it was an FA cup semi final , we had 120 minutes of glory and there were an awful lot of people just sat there silent , sure it's lovely to go and watch your team at Wembley but get involved ffs....
What I mean is that there’s no need to have a go at anyone that doesn’t participate in the same way you do. As others have said - better than myself - we are all different and support our team in our own way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
i expect to get flamed for this but we have too many old farts .....i'm 57 but i get involved at the football, too many people who wouldn't get involved in a chant/song if their life depended on it , in a word ....lightweight.

And did the others around you join in with your chants yesterday :wink:

At the end of the day it's a shitty place that's awful to get to, the catering is dreadful, the traditional singers from the Amex are spread all over the place and it was a tight nervous match. I'd rather be at the Amex every day of the week but I do get the impression though, it's something we just may have to get used to :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here