Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Terence Trent-Arnold

Jul 7, 2003
Milner was slightly better just by being tighter
TAA had no help from his team mates so Mitoma and Pervis could just attack with ease. When he came on, Milner also had Henderson over there to help him which which did slow us down a bit.

I like Klopp but you have to question his plans. MOTD highlighted the huge gaps left behind Salah after the league game so you would think he would have made some provision to block that supply line.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I honestly don't know why he's not played further forward. His passing and crossing is as good as Beckham's. The problem is, so is his defending.
I was going to make a very similar point. He's a bit more physically imposing than Beckham (low bar), but his game is very similar.

Having him at RB / RWB is a luxury that works when the rest of the team is functioning - winning the ball back quickly up the field and preoccupying teams with defending. TAA can swan about, making Hollywood passes and putting in great crosses & free kicks / corners and looking great whilst he does it.

For Liverpool at the moment, they are struggling to bed in a mostly new attack and their midfield seems to have dropped off a cliff. Their press isn't working properly and TAA is massively exposed.

Put all that up against a team that is pressing mercilessly, knows how to create an overlap and has an absolute wizard to run into the space.... It's no wonder TAA looks cack. It's not entirely his fault, but it does highlight his limitations and as others have said, vindicates Southgate's view somewhat

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Defensively one on one he is poor, and has been for sometime. Just being highlighted more often given that Liverpool aren't dominating with TTA going forwards most of the time which masks his defensive short comings.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
It’s strange one. They would never have won the CL or PL without his attacking threat and assists. They also had a midfield and forward line that had energy and presses so it was harder to break the lines and expose his defensive issues.
Now it’s the opposite and they don’t have the legs to press and you can break through it.
He had little support yesterday which was strange bearing in mind how Mitoma terrorised him in the league game. Milner did little better often nowhere near Mitoma - like the Solly chance

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He's a great attacker but needs help if they are not dominant and is facing a lively winger.

I'm not writing him off. Klippety is asking too much of him right now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It’s strange one. They would never have won the CL or PL without his attacking threat and assists. They also had a midfield and forward line that had energy and presses so it was harder to break the lines and expose his defensive issues.
Now it’s the opposite and they don’t have the legs to press and you can break through it.
He had little support yesterday which was strange bearing in mind how Mitoma terrorised him in the league game. Milner did little better often nowhere near Mitoma - like the Solly chance
The only reason they'd have replaced TAA with Milner to counteract the threat of Mitoma would have been to cause our player some game-changing physical damage. If TAA couldn't get get to grips with Mitoma, there's no way that flat-footed Milner could, other than by taking him out of the game. That's why they'll have made the change earlydoors. Dirty cynical desperate Liverpool

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There was a well timed “Oi Trent, you’re f***ing shit” from the North Stand in the second half. Sums him up perfectly at the moment!
followed by a chant along the lines of "your just a shit Tarik Lamptey, shit Tarik Lamptey, your just a shit Tarik Lamptey"

I thought that was rather good, so joined in

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Shortly before being subsituted in the 2nd half Mitoma went passed him and into the Liverpool box by the byeline with such ease he didn't need to do a trick or change stride, TAA didn't even manage a lean or nudge on him. Incredibly bad, I was shocked he lasted an hour.
For me this was even better than the goal. Mitoma actually stopped, TAA was 3 yards away, then ran past him as though he wasn't there. Amazing play.

Can I also point out that Solly was also very good, especially in the first half v Robertson. Some of his twists and turns in tight spaces were excellent.
We nullified their supposed strength out wide with our four wide players Pervis, Tariq, Karou and Solly

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apparently Mitoma was doing his best to stay away from 'Trent' because he thought it was weird when, instead of wanting his shirt at the end of the game, he said "Sign your name across my heart, I want you to be my baby' :eek:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's a bit like our little Lamptey for me - a stunningly good attacking RB who is having a dip in form. It happens.
Thought Tariq looked to have come through his lean spell - a couple of great defensive tackles and good link up play with Solly. Encouraging 👍

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He's a bit like our little Lamptey for me - a stunningly good attacking RB who is having a dip in form. It happens.
Not sure you saw his sliding tackle in the area in the first half then. Right in front of us, actually at the game. At full speed it was incredible. A nano second later and that was a penalty

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not sure you saw his sliding tackle in the area in the first half then. Right in front of us, actually at the game. At full speed it was incredible. A nano second later and that was a penalty
As I was driving home and following the match on the radio - no I didn't!

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I have felt for over a year he needs to move into midfield, his passing, movement and crossing is excellent. He hasnt looked great when Henderson and Van Dijk aren’t there to cover for him

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I was driving home and following the match on the radio - no I didn't!
I guessed that or you wouldn’t have posted what you did. Kudos to you for being able to judge his other performances from the wireless though. Rare talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here