Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Terence Trent-Arnold

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 08.48.00.png

He looked like he might need counselling after another absolute mauling from Mitoma and Estupinan.

For me, he's always been overrated. When things are going well he's looked great at times, but he's been woefully exposed when up against it. People can wax lyrical when one of his cross field passes comes off, but they have a success rate of about 1 in 10. He's had a brutal 2 games against Mitoma, I can't think of many battles between 2 players where the winger has got passed pretty much every time.

I was a bit critical of Lamptey against Martinelli in the Arsenal home game, but what Mitoma did to TAA is on another level. He looked miffed at coming off, perhaps an indication of how deluded he is because I was actually surprised to see him come out for the second half at all.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Blame Carragher for eulogising about “Trent” when he was actually being carried by van dyke

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
was always more about the attacking side, and thats tailed off.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was curious to see if Liverpool were now playing a 1980s pop singer at right back.

sign your name…..
As an aside, Terence Trent Darby was the first person I ever saw with using a mobile phone. On an Edinburgh to London train in the early ish 80,s

He only got a signal in the big cities on the way down.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fella I know went with a couple of families.
Got there early to be front row to see the players alighting.
TAA high 5'ed one of the kids "I'll never wash my hand again".

After the game I messaged him:-

"Your mates son was the only person TAA touched in Brighton today".

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't remember which one now, but one of the newspaper stories online I've read about yesterdays game said "the reason for TAA's substitution was not clear" Seriously? I think being roasted and left for dead by the winger every single time he had the ball might have had something to do with it. :ROFLMAO:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't remember which one now, but one of the newspaper stories online I've read about yesterdays game said "the reason for TAA's substitution was not clear" Seriously? I think being roasted and left for dead by the winger every single time he had the ball might have had something to do with it. :ROFLMAO:
Shortly before being subsituted in the 2nd half Mitoma went passed him and into the Liverpool box by the byeline with such ease he didn't need to do a trick or change stride, TAA didn't even manage a lean or nudge on him. Incredibly bad, I was shocked he lasted an hour.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Silly but serious question from a bloke.
Is he unbelievably good looking and sexy or ugly as hell? Seeing him in close up Sunday he certainly has the looks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
View attachment 156396

He looked like he might need counselling after another absolute mauling from Mitoma and Estupinan.

For me, he's always been overrated. When things are going well he's looked great at times, but he's been woefully exposed when up against it. People can wax lyrical when one of his cross field passes comes off, but they have a success rate of about 1 in 10. He's had a brutal 2 games against Mitoma, I can't think of many battles between 2 players where the winger has got passed pretty much every time.

I was a bit critical of Lamptey against Martinelli in the Arsenal home game, but what Mitoma did to TAA is on another level. He looked miffed at coming off, perhaps an indication of how deluded he is because I was actually surprised to see him come out for the second half at all.
As I have not real interest in football in general, I only see the big names when they play against us. From my limited judgment I fail to see what the fuss is with this fella. And Jordan Pickford is even worse; does Pickford really save his worst performances for us or is he pants all of the time? He’s crap with the ball at his feet and spends the rest of the time throwing his flailing arms loosely in the direction of the ball…often with it sailing between them.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
As I have not real interest in football in general, I only see the big names when they play against us. From my limited judgment I fail to see what the fuss is with this fella. And Jordan Pickford is even worse; does Pickford really save his worst performances for us or is he pants all of the time? He’s crap with the ball at his feet and spends the rest of the time throwing his flailing arms loosely in the direction of the ball…often with it sailing between them.
To be fair, when Pickford plays for England he has been pretty decent over the years. His club form is a average at best though, but that probably gets him player of the season at Everton.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
The fuss on TAA is based on one aspect of his game , that in a team that is dominating is a fantastic weapon to have. Even yesterday, a couple of his crosses and through balls were superb.. BUT, if your team is not able to create those opportunities in those areas and the other aspects of your game are needed, he is left wanting. We know it, Klopp knows it TAA knows it.. most teams know it. Still intrigued why Liverpool dont try 3 at the back to reduce the obvious weakness in the team. Especially as the strength they had up front appears much weaker now too..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unlike Nick Pope who looks the best keeper in the world whenever he plays against us

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shortly before being subsituted in the 2nd half Mitoma went passed him and into the Liverpool box by the byeline with such ease he didn't need to do a trick or change stride, TAA didn't even manage a lean or nudge on him. Incredibly bad, I was shocked he lasted an hour.
Milner was slightly better just by being tighter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here