Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tenuous Albion Links

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
When I lived on Bavant Road for a year c2011 Glenn Murray knocked on my front door and asked who owned the car park at the back of the house. Details are hazy bc I was so shocked, particular bc he had just signed for Palace.

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
Peter Ward accidentally (I hope) trod on my toe as I edged past him in a crowded Amsterdam pub bar in Shoreham (I believe it was his local).

Tony Nicholas used to live at the end of my road, and when I saw him setting off in his white Ford Anglia (sloping rear window model) with a blue 'go-faster' stripe, I knew it was time for me to set off for the Goldstone to watch the match.

After our cup final appearance I was in the club shop at the Goldstone purchasing a commemorative grey sweatshirt (which I still have), and Jimmy Case was standing next to me buying an identical article.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I chose the logo/lettering design for your new stadium :)

Edit - I didn't read the first post! Best I can is that I once played 5 aside in Burgess Hill the 90/00s with someone who I think was on Brighton's books as a youngster or something and then was coachin. Matt something or other.

Last edited:

I played pool with Jimmy Case and Andie Ritchie in 81 in a hotel in First Avenue. I was only 17 at the time and couldn't drink in pubs but the hotel didn't seem to question my age 😆

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My Dad taught Ross Johnson and was in most of the same classes with Des Lynam at Varndean.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
My cousin went out with Steve Piper.

I had a pint with Sully in the William IV after a bank social do.

I used to cash Jimmy Case's cheques in the bank I worked at in Hove.

I also short changed John Gregory when he was paying a bill at the bank I was working at in Rottingdean.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
My Mum used to tell Brian Powney to stop kicking balls against her house in Mercread Road in Seaford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here