Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tennis on the radio

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Listening to darts on the radio, whilst in the Falklands is a hoot, especially the Benny who's commentating :lolol:

I've not heard that term for a few years. Benny - Brilliant, bit like Joey

When I was a schoolboy growing up in Cambridge we used to call people 'Farmers' instead of f**kers as we were too young to swear but you could put some real venom into it AND it was also derogatory to the actual children of farmers locally so a brilliant double whammy.

Trouble was as I moved down to Brighton and became a man, everyone just thought I was a tosser and didnt get the farmer reference at all.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I recon if they could fit a screen to the radio one day so you could actually see what was happening, that would be a brilliant idea.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I've not heard that term for a few years. Benny - Brilliant, bit like Joey

When I was a schoolboy growing up in Cambridge we used to call people 'Farmers' instead of f**kers as we were too young to swear but you could put some real venom into it AND it was also derogatory to the actual children of farmers locally so a brilliant double whammy.

Trouble was as I moved down to Brighton and became a man, everyone just thought I was a tosser and didnt get the farmer reference at all.

Excellent, it was the first thing I was told the military called the locals.
Bennys, because of the hat, obviously they were not all like that, but some :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here