Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten years ago today

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
10 years ago... wow... where has the time gone.

This was by far the best game of football ever. The twists and turns. Swindon were hot favs. I remember watching the penaties from the edge of the pitch. The rain hammering down. I remember skidding on the pitch after with [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION], jumping on the players backs, was an amazing night. More exciting than the play off final to me.

Amazing times indeed! I remember it so well,

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I have never felt so confident about the outcome of a penalty shoot out as I did against Swindon. Their players were already mentally at Cardiff when Virgs scored.

It wasn't a great game, but for drama it took some beating. The Man City League Cup tie was a better game as was the Chesterfield game. For my money though, the best game of football at Withdean, rather than pure drama was when we beat Reading 3-1.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
10 years ago... wow... where has the time gone.

This was by far the best game of football ever. The twists and turns. Swindon were hot favs. I remember watching the penaties from the edge of the pitch. The rain hammering down. I remember skidding on the pitch after with [MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION], jumping on the players backs, was an amazing night. More exciting than the play off final to me.

Hot favourites? Given that we were one nil up from the first leg, that seems unlikely.

Never liked that Sam Parkin & it gave me great pleasure to imagine how low he must have felt after being so smug to Virgo & having it all snatched away from him.

Last heard of playing in the MTL :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It was the final evening match at Withdean and the winning goal was from Bridcutt. 'The stuff of champions, the stuff of dreams'

Bridcutt's "stuff of champions" goal was against Carlisle and wasn't an evening game:

[yt]XVXPHizUvBY[/yt]

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
With hindsight, that night beat the Forest last minute winner.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I have never felt so confident about the outcome of a penalty shoot out as I did against Swindon. Their players were already mentally at Cardiff when Virgs scored.

It wasn't a great game, but for drama it took some beating. The Man City League Cup tie was a better game as was the Chesterfield game. For my money though, the best game of football at Withdean, rather than pure drama was when we beat Reading 3-1.

Beating Reading 3-1 was such a highlight. The fact we thrashed them down here and should have beaten them up there except for a disallowed goal, that was legit, only to hear Sally Taylor on the news say that Brighton had won the league but Reading had been the best team that season was undoubtedly the start of my massive dislike of Reading FC. Obviously then came their scouting system moving to Brighton so they could poach our players and manager. But even in those times it made me feel good to remember the 3-1 win.

Of course nowadays we have their pitch invasion to laugh about especially the footage of some lad doing one arm press ups on the pitch. Nothing says finishing 7th like a one arm press up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here