Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TEN years ago, in the Swindon play-off programme

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The atmosphere was flat, compared to Birmingham where we sung for 90 minutes as one whilst the ball went in triangles in the midfield and rarely threatened either goal. That was a good atmosphere. I've been to a LOT of games with a better atmosphere.

You're missing the point completely though. I didn't say I didn't enjoy myself because I most certainly did, simply that it probably doesn't fit on that list of other notable away games. (Not that I've actually been to any of them, but that's another story :whistle: )

For the sheer emotion and relief when Ulloa's goal went in and the enusuing euphoria the atmosphere for the rest of the game was good enough for me

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
IMO it's moments like when Ulloas goal went in that makes a good day out. In ten years time I'll never look back and say "what a lovely pub I went in that day" or "the atmosphere was good that day considering we were average"

However what I do know is that the feeling when the goal went in on Saturday was something special. I doubt that single moment will ever be matched in my Albion lifetime.

So yeah, for me Saturday is amongst the very best games I've witnessed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nor could I please YOU no matter what I said. :lol:

That could be because 95% of your posts are negative about The Albion. Personally, I couldn't give 2 shits about you or your negativity because it says more about you than me but after an immense achievement you want to put a negative spin on the day? Why?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That could be because 95% of your posts are negative about The Albion. Personally, I couldn't give 2 shits about you or your negativity because it says more about you than me but after an immense achievement you want to put a negative spin on the day? Why?

The only negative spin is the one you're putting on my post so you can get upset about it. Cheer up.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The only negative spin is the one you're putting on my post so you can get upset about it. Cheer up.

I had a fantastic weekend in Nottingham in the company of 24 Albion fans who thoroughly enjoyed every minute of Saturday. We are going to BOTH playoff games. I don't think it is me who needs cheering up do you?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Doncaster first game at the Amex. For me that was an extremely special day, having only experienced the Withdean days(STH since 2005) that day was truly magical for me.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I had a fantastic weekend in Nottingham in the company of 24 Albion fans who thoroughly enjoyed every minute of Saturday. We are going to BOTH playoff games. I don't think it is me who needs cheering up do you?

Dear oh dear oh dear...

I also thoroughly enjoyed my saturday, I even enjoyed a lot of the match, even if the atmosphere wasn't what it could be. Then I went back to Leeds, went out with some friends, spent all of Sunday with more friends AND I've got a ticket for the away leg, I would travel down for the home leg but I have a job interview on Friday morning.

Your ability to judge not just my mental state but my entire life based off of a throwaway comment on NSC is quite spectacular, whatever job it is you do I would suggest you go and ask for a raise, you're clearly worth it.

Anyway, if life is so brilliant for you then why are you on here getting wound up by my spectacularly inoffensive views?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dear oh dear oh dear...

I also thoroughly enjoyed my saturday, I even enjoyed a lot of the match, even if the atmosphere wasn't what it could be. Then I went back to Leeds, went out with some friends, spent all of Sunday with more friends AND I've got a ticket for the away leg, I would travel down for the home leg but I have a job interview on Friday morning.

Your ability to judge not just my mental state but my entire life based off of a throwaway comment on NSC is quite spectacular, whatever job it is you do I would suggest you go and ask for a raise, you're clearly worth it.

Anyway, if life is so brilliant for you then why are you on here getting wound up by my spectacularly inoffensive views?

What the hell are you on about? I think youve mistaken me for somebody who gives a second thought about you. I personally think you are a tit who managed to find something negative about Saturday. As for attending on Thursday, we know you don't do home games so why pretend? Since 2003 there have been 2 people on my ignore list - you're the third.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What the hell are you on about? I think youve mistaken me for somebody who gives a second thought about you. I personally think you are a tit who managed to find something negative about Saturday. As for attending on Thursday, we know you don't do home games so why pretend? Since 2003 there have been 2 people on my ignore list - you're the third.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I feel so OFFENDED :lolol:

I wont miss you either :bigwave:

You >>> :flounce:

Jimmy Grimble

In fairness Husty, by saying "I dunno, it wasn't really a great DAY out was it?" you have generated negative connotations.

We were poor for most of the match, but in a situation like that it really doesn't matter. Who on earth in 10/20/30 years time is going to say "Cor, Forest away 2014 we were terrible". All that matters is we scored a last minute winner to get into the play offs and an Albion away end erupted like you've never seen before. That's it. The rest of the match is irrelevantin this context. Any Brighton fan who didn't have an unbelievable day after that - regardless of where they were - needs their head tested.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here