Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten to Ponder

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
10 quiz questions.

1, Who were the thirteenth team to join the football league?

2, Who were the last team to win the F.A. cup fielding an all English born team?

3, Who is the youngest player to captain a side in a league cup final?

4, In what ways were Gabriel Batistuta's hat-tricks in USA 1994 and FRANCE 1998 similar?

5, How many Own goals were scored in the first season of the premiership (92-93)?

6,Who is the only goalkeeper to score in the charity shield (not in a shoot-out)?

7, Before managing the Albion Peter Taylor had a caretaker role managing England for one game. Subsequently his tenure is the shortest of any post-war england manager. Who has the second shortest?

8, One player has played top flight football in Italy, Spain, Germany, France and England. Who is it?

9, Who contested the FA cup final the year that 'Abide with me' was first sung before the match?

10, Who are the only english team to win a major trophy and be relegated in the same season?

Last edited:

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
sorry should have read:-
9, Who contested the FA cup final the year that 'Abide with me' was first sung before the match?

I've edited it accordingly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
6. Pat Jennings?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
4. Both consisted of him scoring 3 goals for Argentina?:lolol:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
1. Sunderland (they replaced Stoke)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
8. Didier Deschamps?

Total guess.

Jason Speaks

Feb 4, 2004
Portslade
Everest said:
1. Sunderland (they replaced Stoke)

Yes

correct answers so far:-

1, Who were the thirteenth team to join the football league?
SUNDERLAND
2, Who were the last team to win the F.A. cup fielding an all English born team?
WEST HAM UTD 1975
3, Who is the youngest player to captain a side in a league cup final?
BARY VENISON, SUNDERLAND 1985
4, In what ways were Gabriel Batistuta's hat-tricks in USA 1994 and FRANCE 1998 similar?

5, How many Own goals were scored in the first season of the premiership (92-93)?

6,Who is the only goalkeeper to score in the charity shield (not in a shoot-out)?
PAT JENNINGS
7, Before managing the Albion Peter Taylor had a caretaker role managing England for one game. Subsequently his tenure is the shortest of any post-war england manager. Who has the second shortest?

8, One player has played top flight football in Italy, Spain, Germany, France and England. Who is it?

ARSENAL & CARDIFF 1927
10, Who are the only english team to win a major trophy and be relegated in the same season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here