Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ten Rillington Place.

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
The BBC offering is three programs telling the story from separate viewpoints. It will be interesting to see how this will compare to the 'Attenborough' film.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Have to say, I thought it was dull. Not menacing enough, just drab and slow...and whoever it was that played Christie, well, Attenborough-esque he wasn't.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Big on atmosphere and setting; wartime London looked appropriately grim but the war didn't seem to intrude much.. Mrs Christie looked a bit slow on the uptake given that hubby seemed to be murdering folk in the next room. A bit too much atmosphere and a bit too little action? Acting was pretty damn good.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have to say, I thought it was dull. Not menacing enough, just drab and slow...and whoever it was that played Christie, well, Attenborough-esque he wasn't.

I don't know who it could be, must be new on the scene. He'll go nowhere.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Possibly because I have never seen the film I thought it was pretty good. I thought Tim Roth was very creepy as Christie. London looked extremely grim

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
thought it was over reliant on foreboding music to create tension but I'll see it through. Nowadays 3hrs for a TV drama is ideal for me, six at a push. Any longer than that and I get too confused about what's going on/ who is who.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would like to meet the estate agent that could talk that house up.
I thought it was good not brilliant though.
It moved at the same pace as the film but is more in depth.
Tim Roth was excellent a lot of Christie with some Hannibal Lecter thrown in.
Once Evens moves in it should pick up, but the thing I agree with is that his wife was smart but hung around even after being nearly strangled and could have gone with her brother, the film did not cover that at all.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Gave up after last week moody brooding boring! The start of last weeks spoiled the story line a bit,not sure why we have to see outcomes in the first two minutes:yawn:

If you know your history, which you clearly don't, you'd know the outcome. It isn't a whodunnit! :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here