Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ten Hag to be sacked

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Honestly if it was me I'd tell them to stick it and just not bother turning up tomorrow, fair play to his professionalism that he will
:ROFLMAO: You seem to have written 'professionalism' when perhaps you meant 'interest in not jeopardising his multi-million pound pay off.'

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Now that's out it'll make preparation for the final interesting.

I think they'll hire Pochettino.

It feels weird to say it, but I'd quite like Poch to make a success of it. If only to laugh at Chelsea for binning him off and inevitably sacking whomever they are about to hire after 6 months...
Except that Ratcliffe/Brailsford/Ashcroft/Wilcox etc. want a coach who just coaches!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I don't think is such a bad idea from that motivational point of view. He'll be wanting to show them the error of their ways by beating the massive financial fair play cheating talent-hoovering false success story blood-money immoral scum best team in the world in a cup final, and the players will be wanting to show the new manager they are up for it (not that they should need any extra motivation for a game than it being the cup final)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
:ROFLMAO: You seem to have written 'professionalism' when perhaps you meant 'interest in not jeopardising his multi-million pound pay off.'
Yes fair enough, that would focus the mind a bit

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It would be nice to think this is all mind games, trying to lull Citeh into a false sense of security thinking they'll just have to turn up to lift the trophy.

Personally, I think it is disgusting that the day before an FA Cup Final the breaking news is that ETH's fate is already sealed.

Is this going to be the Sir Jim Ratcliffe way? The bloke maybe English but he arguably knows less about football that Todd Boehly.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Honestly if it was me I'd tell them to stick it and just not bother turning up tomorrow, fair play to his professionalism that he will
Professionalism will see him turn up. Also, the contractual obligation leading to a multi-million pound pay off!

(Sorry, see the same point has been made)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It would be nice to think this is all mind games, trying to lull Citeh into a false sense of security thinking they'll just have to turn up to lift the trophy.

Personally, I think it is disgusting that the day before an FA Cup Final the breaking news is that ETH's fate is already sealed.

Is this going to be the Sir Jim Ratcliffe way? The bloke maybe English but he arguably knows less about football that Todd Boehly.

Jim does know about the benefits of Brexit and polluting the planet.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If I were a ManU or Chelsea fan (thank god on that front) I would be VERY unimpressed with the appointment of McKenna. He's never managed in the EPL before, he's had ONE season in the Championship which is a tough league to get out of but is also bonkers, Burnley looked like prime Barca last season then look, he's also not had a bad season yet, how will he react, if/when he loses 3 in a row and it's the main headline EVERY day?
I think the average fan of those 2 will be exactly that, which will set the guy off on a fast track to failure straight away, Potter was more qualified and look how that ended.

McKenna would be nuts to go to those clubs yet. I actually think he should stay at Ipswich.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Might as well make Ratcliffe the manager as he is sticking his NOSE into everything
ENREST, how DELIGHTFUL to know your BACK. I hope your pussy is well.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here