Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

temporary disability and WSU

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I'm a season ticket holder up the gods of WSU in row v.

On Tuesday I had an accident and have torn some ligaments in my foot.

Not only is it incredibly painful (on a par with gout) but it also means I'm on crutches.

This afternoon I've been talking to the missus about the game tomorrow and she asked how I was getting there. I said as normal on the bus but then she mentioned about me not being allowed to WSU with crutches due to health & safety rules.

This had never crossed my mind but I thought I was ok.

Since this conversation I've been bit paranoid and phoned the ticket office earlier and they confirmed my fears. They won't let me in for health & safety grounds.

If I'd spoke to them earlier they said they could've moved me to a lower part of the ground but its now a sell out so can't...

Now I'm faced with the difficult decision of....

1. Not going
2. Going without crutches but being in a lot of pain and doing more damage
3. Go on crutches and hope the gate stewards let me in, if not leave crutches at the gate and pick them up at the end and risk doing more damage

All in all I'm very annoyed, I've never seen any signs or announcements about crutches and health and safety on this, the SEAGULLS site or anywhere for this matter.

At the end of the day, what's the difference between me on crutches and an old boy I've seen in WSU who is very slow moving and uses a walking stick. ???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Surely there is some kind soul on here who would be willing to swap tickets with you, even if it meant you sitting in a slightly less expensive part of the ground but with easier access and still seeing the game.

Armchair Loyalist

Jul 26, 2004
I was with a mate on crutches for the Liverpool game. He was allowed in no questions asked, crutches and all. Even allowed to get the lift down after the game.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was with a mate on crutches for the Liverpool game. He was allowed in no questions asked, crutches and all. Even allowed to get the lift down after the game.

Really, I thought it was a complete no no for public to use the lift???

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm a season ticket holder up the gods of WSU in row v.

On Tuesday I had an accident and have torn some ligaments in my foot.

Not only is it incredibly painful (on a par with gout) but it also means I'm on crutches.

This afternoon I've been talking to the missus about the game tomorrow and she asked how I was getting there. I said as normal on the bus but then she mentioned about me not being allowed to WSU with crutches due to health & safety rules.

This had never crossed my mind but I thought I was ok.

Since this conversation I've been bit paranoid and phoned the ticket office earlier and they confirmed my fears. They won't let me in for health & safety grounds.

If I'd spoke to them earlier they said they could've moved me to a lower part of the ground but its now a sell out so can't...

Now I'm faced with the difficult decision of....

1. Not going
2. Going without crutches but being in a lot of pain and doing more damage
3. Go on crutches and hope the gate stewards let me in, if not leave crutches at the gate and pick them up at the end and risk doing more damage

All in all I'm very annoyed, I've never seen any signs or announcements about crutches and health and safety on this, the SEAGULLS site or anywhere for this matter.

At the end of the day, what's the difference between me on crutches and an old boy I've seen in WSU who is very slow moving and uses a walking stick. ???

I have a WSL ticket if you wanna swap?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Several possible solutions provided by NSC, a job well done...I now have a lovely warm feeling, although that might be the curry I just had for my dinner!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I thought they had a few tickets in the North Stand free exactly for this purpose? Either way, just ask a steward and they'll either let you use the lift or get you a ticket elsewhere :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here