Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tele Programmes the mrs loves, but you hate.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Repressed homosexuality is not healthy. Often evidenced by overly macho posturing and slagging off women. Nighty night sweetie. X

No offence intended mate, just my odd (read crap) sense of humour early in the morning.

Thanks for the kiss though I enjoyed it (that sense of humour again :))

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Broadly like the same stuff on tele.

But to venture in to the world of radio for a moment - the Archers. She loves it, I treat the signature tune as a signal to turn the radio off or over.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Downton Abbey, the last 4 Sunday evenings I have watched This is England 90 in another room, this evening she was watching it and I was reading threads on here. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Great British Bake Off, I detest cooking programmes especially that one, it doesn't bother me that she watches it but she keeps commenting to me about it when I'm trying to read.:rant:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
She watches absolute TRASH tv to make her feel better about her life.

Geordie Shore
Ex on the Beach
Don't tell the bride
Teen Mom
Dance Moms

And then there are the crime dramas.

Rizzioli and Isles
Criminal Minds

I'm getting angry even listing these, let alone when I hear one of the theme tunes starting.

I'll often say "wow, did you see that MASSIVE story on the NEWS?"

"No, I didn't have time".

YES YOU DID. You chose to ROT YOUR BRAIN watching NONSENSE.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yeah but I actually like my wife so I prefer to spend time with her.

I realise this might be unusual but it also doesn't prevent us (me and the boy) from watching loads of sport as she generally enjoys it too.

I would never have married a bird who had no interest in football.

''A Bird'' - What does she eat worms or something? My best mate referred to my sister as '' a bird '' - She duly slapped him for it and he has never done it since. he eventually married her but has never said it since, and that was 27 years ago

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
1. Come dine with me
2. Anything involving stupid people who can't figure out how to lose weight/stop spending money etc.

Otherwise, I'm pretty lucky in that our tastes are similar.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Have I got Old new for you. Of all shows out there, there isn't one less suitable for repeating six months later than a comic take on the current weeks news events.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
She watches absolute TRASH tv to make her feel better about her life.

Geordie Shore
Ex on the Beach
Don't tell the bride
Teen Mom
Dance Moms

And then there are the crime dramas.

Rizzioli and Isles
Criminal Minds

I'm getting angry even listing these, let alone when I hear one of the theme tunes starting.

I'll often say "wow, did you see that MASSIVE story on the NEWS?"

"No, I didn't have time".

YES YOU DID. You chose to ROT YOUR BRAIN watching NONSENSE.

http://www.relate.org.uk/ :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When I first met my wife she was a smoker and regularly watched Eastenders. I told her if we were to have any future together she'd have to kick the habit which, to her credit, she did within days.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
''A Bird'' - What does she eat worms or something? My best mate referred to my sister as '' a bird '' - She duly slapped him for it and he has never done it since. he eventually married her but has never said it since, and that was 27 years ago
I call my wife bird. It's a long standing joke/term of affection among people I know.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
Not EXACTLY the missus but I have an elderly relative who always has to explain that they have just witnessed a programme which incorporated someone buying an umbrella stand for £4 at a boot sale. This lucky purchaser then spent £40 turning it into a table and sold it for £50. Strewth.

Too many of those antiquey things if you ask me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here