Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Teenagers working as volunteers in USA summer camps.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
Done this myself. Look up camp america online. IMO its a great way to develop new skills, meet lots of new people from around the world and a great chance to explore a new part of the world. I was placed in Tennessee in 2013 summer and I had such a great time. One of the best summers ever and I have not heard anyone say a bad word about it

NB, its not cheap.

Brighton Ark

Jan 18, 2010
My 17 year old nephew has expressed an interest as working as a volunteer in USA.
Has anyone had their kids do this sort of thing?

My son went out to California (and travelled around) last summer with UK Int Soccer Camps. He is 20 and a level 2 football coach studying Performance analysis at Chichester University. He was coaching at "Soccer schools", but I know they had helpers as well. If you want any more info, or want to get them to chat, then let me know.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I have passed all the info onto my nephew, and as you might know, teenagers take their time in making minds up.
So heres hoping.
Cheers :)

Only asking as all the summer/camp jobs will be full by now, if not within a couple of weeks or so.
But can point you in the right direction depending what he wants to do.

Has he got any interest in coaching football to kids in summer camps does he want a general volunteer camp job?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Only asking as all the summer/camp jobs will be full by now, if not within a couple of weeks or so.
But can point you in the right direction depending what he wants to do.

Has he got any interest in coaching football to kids in summer camps does he want a general volunteer camp job?

He is more interested in helping other kids, and as you mentioned, possibly a general volunteer.
Likes football, but not on the coaching side.
As I have mentioned before, being a teenager, there is not the urgency to rush.
He has done his homework in the whole camp USA idea, so its only a matter of time.
I think realistically, he will be looking to next year after sorting out any Uni option.:)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My son went out to California (and travelled around) last summer with UK Int Soccer Camps. He is 20 and a level 2 football coach studying Performance analysis at Chichester University. He was coaching at "Soccer schools", but I know they had helpers as well. If you want any more info, or want to get them to chat, then let me know.

Thank you I will :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here