Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teenagers make up

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is great, very attractive when a female is confident in her own natural beauty. I have always thought that a female who wears no make up, hair tied back in casual dress looks far more attractive that the dolled up look.

Ideally in a pretty summer frock, worn with trainers.

:love:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Ideally in a pretty summer frock, worn with trainers.

:love:

Exactly. I have always had a big thing for girls dressed down at festivals in a summer dress or just a vest top in plimsoles, hair tied back and no make up. mmmm, Indie girls.

My ex used to do the whole getting dolled up (too much make up and high heels), when she got home the slap would come off and she would get into her pyjamas, not THAT is when she looked hot :)

Last edited:

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Just think if women didnt do all the strange things they do

Hairy legs, armpits, pubes to the knees, most would have taches, some would have beards and lots in Portslade would have hairy chests.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think you've over analysed it. People have always wanted to look attractive; it's bugger all to do with society, media or capitalism. It's inherent, and it's natures drive for us to find a mate and reproduce.

Sometimes we make mistakes: girls over apply the make-up; boys wear too much wet look hair gel.

Actually, I think he has a point.

While we all have a desire to present ourselves in a given way, a common trait of the advertising industry (probably the driving trait) is to create a new economy, or new status in society, by instilling a sense of fear in people that never previously existed. In this instance, it's insisting that '... you need to wear 'this', and apply 'this', and present yourself like 'this' in order for you to have any credibility...'

Given the target-market, it's often an easy line to peddle.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Actually, I think he has a point.

While we all have a desire to present ourselves in a given way, a common trait of the advertising industry (probably the driving trait) is to create a new economy, or new status in society, by instilling a sense of fear in people that never previously existed. In this instance, it's insisting that '... you need to wear 'this', and apply 'this', and present yourself like 'this' in order for you to have any credibility...'

Given the target-market, it's often an easy line to peddle.

Indeed, the line the companies love to employ at the moment is 'This seasons MUST HAVE item', I am sure that this seeds itself into the subconscious of some individuals to the point they truly do believe that it is an essential.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I dislike make-up on any woman. Has a bloke ever said to a woman "your make-up looks good". Does anyone actually think it looks natural. I just assume it's hiding something nasty.

You have just reminded me of my favourite offensive joke...

Why do women wear make up and perfume?
Because they're ugly and they smell.

The joke itself isn't that funny, but the reaction it gets is often priceless!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Wearing makeup is entirely up to the individual, but I've found that when people say things like "women look better without makeup" they usually don't know what no makeup actually looks like. They see women on Neutrogena commercials splashing water on their "makeup free" faces and think that's the norm. They just don't know those women ARE wearing makeup (and are airbrushed). Some girls have to put on five or six different things to make it look like they're not wearing anything.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Men want to shag women and women want men to want to shag them, simple as that.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
FFS... It's their faces! We were all young once and did stupid things. In the most part they grow out of it. Isn't there enough terrible things going on in the World that anyone gets upset at kids naff attempts seek attention. I'm much more concerned whether Ward will be back at the Amex than I am my grandaughter walking in with purple hair....if it's what makes her happy. :rolleyes:

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I live nest door to two sixteen year olds who are quite attractive. Last week was their school prom so they dressed up and had copious amounts of make up on. Didn't recognise one of them and to be honest thought they both looked better without it but I guess it's expected.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I live nest door to two sixteen year olds who are quite attractive. Last week was their school prom so they dressed up and had copious amounts of make up on. Didn't recognise one of them and to be honest thought they both looked better without it but I guess it's expected.

That's because they're 16 and have very little experience of applying make up.

This thread has made me have a look around the office today, and there is not a single woman here not wearing a little bit of make up. Most of it is subtle and well applied so that it makes them look pretty, with healthier looking complexions and bright eyes, but still a natural look that I think fools many blokes into thinking that they're not wearing any make up at all.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You should try living in Essex mate. The war paint the Sheila's slap on up here is OUTRAGEOUS. I went to "talk of the south" in Southend recently...it was about 100 degrees in there and the birds looked like melting candles. Ugly scenes.

You wouldnt get me in TOTS for anything.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Society is becoming increasingly superficial, materialistic, promiscuous & idiotic.

These symptoms are all inevitable results of unfettered capitalism. People have become nothing more than consumers anymore. Amongst the most important things to young people these days are sex and consumer items, because it is drilled into them from a very young age it is important, hence young girls with loads of make up.

How many more times are you going to predict the fall of civilisation? Society is more promiscuous? More idiotic? More materialistic? Nothing but consumers? People have been saying that for centuries. Young people are likely to be more socially aware than their grandparents, believe in universal suffrage and have a better understanding of equality and other cultures. How many people 40 years ago would think of charity work as a career? Nowadays it's a very credible career choice for young adults.

Socrates was found guilty in 400BC of corrupting the youth. Why don't you blame him, eh?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have never, ever thought "Wow, that eyebrow pencil has really worked wonders!"

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I reckon Dusty Springfield in her prime could give any Essex girl a run for her money in who wears the most make-up. She used to wear 3 pairs of eyelashes, for a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here