Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teenagers make up

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Old boy, I'm not predicting the fall of civilisation - I'm predicting a revolution.

Got any firm predictions for when this revolution is coming because if, according to you the following is also true:

Society is becoming increasingly superficial, materialistic, promiscuous & idiotic...People have become nothing more than consumers anymore. Amongst the most important things to young people these days are sex and consumer items

Then society will not be sufficiently sophisticated enough politically nor will it care enough especially if we're talking aboutan idiotic, consumer-driven society with sex-obsessed young people, as you claim.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Some women look hucking fideous without make up. Some look great. You see, it all depends how ugly they are. As for teenagers, they are smarter than they have ever been. Sure, a few council estate slags plaster themselves in shoplifted make up but who cares, I don't mind a slag once in a while.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
That's because they're 16 and have very little experience of applying make up.

Lol... Assuming you don't have teenage daughters then! By the time they are 16 they are VERY experienced! Even if you think they are leaving the house with nothing on their faces, by the time they get to the school gates they are sporting a full slap!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I have never, ever thought "Wow, that eyebrow pencil has really worked wonders!"

Because if its done right you shouldn't see what's "natural" and what's "enhanced". As previously mentioned, many* of the women who "look good without make up" are just more skilled at applying it than some!

"Maybe she's born with it..." and all that jazz.

[*Not all I hasten to add - my better half wears no make up at all and looks great!]

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lol... Assuming you don't have teenage daughters then! By the time they are 16 they are VERY experienced! Even if you think they are leaving the house with nothing on their faces, by the time they get to the school gates they are sporting a full slap!

True, but relative to a 20 something plus woman, who's been putting a face on everyday since she's been 14-15, they're inexperienced and won't quite have mastered the subtleties of not having to put it on with a trowel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here