Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ted Lasso sacked by Leeds

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
My Leeds supporting mate (for some reason, that’s an uncomfortable thing to type) reckons Knutsen might be in the running … interesting appointment if so …

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The Leeds job is a good job. They won't go down. They absolutely slaughtered Forest yesterday.

Southampton and Bournemouth have got shit Mangers at this level. They won't survive unless they change Managers AGAIN.

Leeds just need to stay calm and appoint someone with experience at PL level and they will be fine. Their players look plenty motivated for the fight.
David Batty would be a good fit!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can't help but feel a warm glow of satisfaction whilst rubbernecking the various carcrash clubs scrambling around at the arse-end of the league, desperately chasing some old failure / dinosaur / wannabee manager in the hope they'll strike gold and end up 17th, or wondering whether to stick or twist on the current incumbent as they sink towards the trapdoor.

Wonderful stuff.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
The Leeds job is a good job. They won't go down. They absolutely slaughtered Forest yesterday.

Southampton and Bournemouth have got shit Mangers at this level. They won't survive unless they change Managers AGAIN.

Leeds just need to stay calm and appoint someone with experience at PL level and they will be fine. Their players look plenty motivated for the fight.
So who is going down? Think Everton will start climbing based on their performance at the weekend.
Make no mistake Leeds are bang in trouble and it’s going to be very funny.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021

If Everton sort their thing out then I'm really not sure who above Leeds is going to do worse than them over half a season?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
They would have gone down with Marsch too, if it wasn't for Brentford deciding to take the last week of the season off.

I had a Leeds fan blow his top at me when I mentioned Brentford had blown the honour of sending leeds down and their(Brentford) fans should spend this season apologising to other fans for this failure.

I hope we get the honour this season.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

I thought they'd be safe, then Everton appointed Dyche and now I'm less sure. It's out of those two for the drop I'd say

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So who is going down? Think Everton will start climbing based on their performance at the weekend.
Make no mistake Leeds are bang in trouble and it’s going to be very funny.
I still think Forest will go down. If they hadn't mugged Leeds yesterday they would be only on 21 points. But no one is talking about West Ham or Leicester as serious relegation candidates but they ain't too clever. The one that think definitely won't go is Wolves. They are a much better side than their position suggests

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Leeds can probably pay him several times more than Brentford.

Brentford are just another Reading / Swansea dipping their toes in with the big boys and will be another middling championship club in a few years
Not so sure about that. Like us, they have a system. It would be interesting to see how they'd fare if Frank left though.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
Marsch was only ever an egoistic life coach type a yank. Suits American Football better. No tactical knowledge...just a motivator.

For me Leeds were worse than Forest....but I only saw 2nd half....Leeds couldn't string a pass together and ran about like over enthusiastic chickens.....without heads.

Reactions: cjd

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Leeds can probably pay him several times more than Brentford.

Brentford are just another Reading / Swansea dipping their toes in with the big boys and will be another middling championship club in a few years
No, I think you'll find Brentford "are just another" Brighton and Hove Albion, albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

They are far more sensibly and cleverly run than the likes of Leeds, shrewd recruitment (probably based on the same statistical modelling and investment in scouting and training facilities). Frank would be mad to go to Leeds even if they doubled his money. He'll get his chance at a similar sized club eventually (here or abroad), only that club won't be a basket case.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, I think you'll find Brentford "are just another" Brighton and Hove Albion, albeit on a slightly smaller scale.

They are far more sensibly and cleverly run than the likes of Leeds, shrewd recruitment (probably based on the same statistical modelling and investment in scouting and training facilities). Frank would be mad to go to Leeds even if they doubled his money. He'll get his chance at a similar sized club eventually (here or abroad), only that club won't be a basket case.
Very few people, if they were on a fixed term contract like, for instance, a football manager would be mad to take a job at twice the wages. It would be simply common sense in 99% of cases.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Balls (little balls) I had tenner on them at 3/1 to get relegated a couple of weeks ago.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
David Batty and Leeds. That's a blast from the past for me. When I was doing my Inspector Training in Leeds I investigated Leeds United and one of their infractions were certain payments made to David Batty :)

I don't think David Batty even likes football.

So it's possible.

Leeds .... Lovely city, horrible football club.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here